Highlighted

Premiere Pro CC 2019 won't launch

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So my premiere has been working totally fine until today, and suddenly it won't open. Or else it gets launched, but then I receive a crash report right away.

I did some updates in my windows today (windows 10 64bit) and deleted the old windows file so that may be the cause, yet it wasn't the first time I did that.. It worked fine before.

Up till now I didn't have any cpu, drivers, software issues, etc. with the version I'm using, 13.1.5.

I tried deleting cashe, registry files, also did reset preferences, uninstall&reinstall, nothing worked. The only thing I didn't do yet is to download the older version but I'm currently using 13.1.5, which is the oldest ver. in the Cloud...

It'll be great to have some help, thank you for reading.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

but the windows updates you did may have created a conflict or the update may have gotten corrupted... it happens.  Fastest solution may be a clean install of OS and apps.   Althy dough I'm making the transition from mac to windows now, I really don't know if there are ways to roll back an update.  You might do some googling.

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro CC 2019 won't launch

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

So my premiere has been working totally fine until today, and suddenly it won't open. Or else it gets launched, but then I receive a crash report right away.

I did some updates in my windows today (windows 10 64bit) and deleted the old windows file so that may be the cause, yet it wasn't the first time I did that.. It worked fine before.

Up till now I didn't have any cpu, drivers, software issues, etc. with the version I'm using, 13.1.5.

I tried deleting cashe, registry files, also did reset preferences, uninstall&reinstall, nothing worked. The only thing I didn't do yet is to download the older version but I'm currently using 13.1.5, which is the oldest ver. in the Cloud...

It'll be great to have some help, thank you for reading.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by mgrenadier | Adobe Community Professional

but the windows updates you did may have created a conflict or the update may have gotten corrupted... it happens.  Fastest solution may be a clean install of OS and apps.   Althy dough I'm making the transition from mac to windows now, I really don't know if there are ways to roll back an update.  You might do some googling.

Topics

Crash, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, indeed it was! I doubted with the windows update they have also updated the intel graphics and that was the creating the conflict, so I reinstalled the way older version.. and finally it worked. Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Windows successfully recently but had some faulty files afterwards that were brought to my attention by the Adobe techs.

You can test for faulty Windows files & repair them by following the procedure below. The 2 diagnosis tools (CheckHealth & ScanHealth) pose no risk to your system & will tell you whether you have any problems.

CheckHealth didn't show any faulty files but the deeper ScanHealth indicated there were faulty files I needed to fix with RestoreHealth. When RestoreHealth said it had fixed everything I ran SFC /scannow (down the bottom of the procedure) & it found a few more files to fix.

If you need to use the repair tools (RepairHealth & SFC /scannow) make sure you take their advice & back up your system first.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Richard,. thanks so much for this info.  I'm making the transition from mac to windows (actually will be working in both and making myself crazy).  Will file this post so I have it to refer to when things go south (as they inevitably do).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: My last paragraph above should read: "If you need to use the repair tools (RestoreHealth & SFC /scannow)....."

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines