Highlighted

Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro CC 2019 workspace not saving properly

Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with workspaces after updating to CC2019.  First, I noticed that all of my custom workspaces from Premiere Pro 2018 were missing (and I foolishly hadn't synced them to the cloud in many months).  Problem solved by copying them from documents>adobe>premiere pro>12.0>profile>layouts to the same folder for 13.0.

However, when I start a new project and select my custom editing workspace, there's one window that won't start up in the right location.  I have to manually drag the project window to my preferred location at the start of every project.  I've tried saving the custom workspace many times (save changes to this workspace, and save as new workspace), synced with my cloud account, but I can't get a project to start up with an accurate positioning of my custom workspace. 

After I manually move the project window, save workspace and close project, it will then open again with the correct configuration; however, when I then create a new project the very same window will be out of place.

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2018 3
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt Young,

Sorry for your issue. I understand that the changes that you are making to the custom workspace are not getting saved.

• Are you getting the issue with all custom workspaces or a specific one?
  • Was this happening in the previous version as well?

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had only noticed with one specific custom workspace, but that is because it's the only one where I want the project window to be somewhere other than the default position of lower left corner of screen.  But I just made a new custom workspace with the project window placed elsewhere and it exhibited the same behavior.

This was not happening in the previous version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information provided.

• Please share the screenshot of the Workspace (as you want to see it).

Additionally, please try these steps:

1. Reset Preferences. FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?
  2. Create a new project.
  3. Create a custom workspace and save it.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Custom workspace is saved ok - except for project window which does not return to custom window placement.      This is the least of our problem with this version of Prem Pro CC.   I have been using PPro for many years and never had any significant problems.  But now (with updated processor and windows 10) the program crashes frequently and randomly for no apparent reason.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2018 1
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists after resetting preferences.

Here's a screenshot of the workspace as I want it to look, but as it refuses to save. (the program window is on a 2nd monitor)

premiere workspace.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2018 0
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivangg...I posted the screenshot you requested.  Any further suggestions?  Because the problem persists.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Thank you for providing the screenshot. I checked the issue at my end and I'm able to replicate it. Thank you for letting us know about it. I am filing a bug for it.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2018 0
Participant ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been more than a half a year and the problem still exists. When will this problem be addressed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 13, 2019 1
Contributor ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI:  I reported this bug to Adobe more than a year ago.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.... just installed Premiere Pro yesterday and tweaked my custom workspace. Everything else works except the projec window.... it just won't lock to it place. Mine also disappeara if I go for example to the "graphics" and come back to "edit".... when I take a look at my workspace it has suddenly been changed from my custom to the preset "edit" one..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this problem.  I position my Project tab in a certain place, but when the project reopens, the Project tab is not in its expected position, instead attached to Effects/Info/History/Media Browser tab.  Seems to me this is a undocumented feature, otherwise known as a BUG!  Premiere did not act this way in CC2017, CC2016, v10, v9, v8, v7 or v6!  Please, Adobe, talk to your programmers and see what they did to change the way this window acted and correct it so it acts like that again.

Thanks,

Glen Tubbesing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 10, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. The workspaces do not retain their settings. I've deleted the layouts folder and also tried resetting the preferences. NO help. This happens with my saved workspace and also the default workspaces. They're all messed up.

Windows 10 version 1903 Build 18362.239

Premiere Pro Version 13.1.13 Build 44

Nvidia Studio Driver Version 430.86

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

was hoping Adobe would resolve this issue in the new version of Premiere (2020) but sadly they haven't. anyone else find a fix for this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 05, 2019 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have to report that I have the same issue as everyone else. I have a workspace named "Mikes Editing Workspace" and the project window is always placed in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.  This is very inconvenient! This is one of many issues that I have been having where I am really beginning to wonder if Adobe CC is worth the monthly investment if each and every update is going to break something new. Some of us produce content for a living, and stuff like this REALLY slows us down.  Time = $$$.  I don't' have time to troubleshoot software problems.... we have other solutions we can use to get our work done, and they aren't Adobe software products...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah still having this issue. Thought I was the only one. My custom editing workspace just won't save. Every single time I open a new project I have to re position my project window panel even though I've already saved it to where I wanted it to be. It's annoying, and I edit multiple projects every day so it does slow me down a bit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2019 0
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

STILL have this problem too

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what never seems to have a bug in it? The software that charges my credit card every month to the tune of $600+/year. That ALWAYS seems to work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 2
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem here. Really with Adobe would fix their current software before moving on to the flashy new thing. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 02, 2020 0