Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2020 (14.0.1) Encoding Stuck on 0%

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm trying to export a 1080p (24 fps) 90 second video in h264. I've done this hundreds of times before but for some reason the encoding window gets stuck on 0%. This is the first time I've tried to export with the latest update of Premiere Pro 2020 (14.0.1). Here are some quick notes:

(running on Mojave OS)

• I have cleared media cache
  • I have tried render all previews
  • I have tried exporting in different formats to different locations
  • I have tried exporting through Media Encoder
  • I have not experienced any issues with exporting from this project before. This is the first time encoding in this version of Premiere Pro 2020. Most recent successful export was in Premiere Pro 2019.

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I spent a number of hours on tech support. The solution for me was to downgrade to Premiere Pro v14.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im sorry but what editor spends hours with tech support.. I had the same problem and just name a new sequence and copy and pasted everything over and it fixed it.. come on editors! Get scrappy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not about getting scrappy. It's about Adobe making Premiere function. We do not have time to spend hours, as all of us here have done, with tech support. Eveytime there is an update I cringe as I am doing now because of all the new glitches. I really am ready to drop the program all together and migrate over to Resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, this is an OLD thread on another version. Please start a new thread with your hardware, OS, and media/effects used. Then we can troubleshoot.

There are better ways to migrate, and ... um ... less wise ways. So how you migrate is important.

Going from major version to major version is easy. Starting with ... install the new without deleting the old version. (Which you cannot do in Resolve, by the way ...)

Then create a NEW project in new version, in MediaBrowser panel navigate to the working prior version project. Right-click and IMPORT the assets to the new version.

You now have a "clean" new version project file with less potential issues than having Pr 'convert'. And .... the original project file and it's version of Premiere are both still fully ready to work. 

So if it works great, fine. Keep working. If there's a problem, just open the prior version and keep working until you've sorted out what the problem is with the new version. 

Never lose any work, very little time wasted.

Resolve doesn't allow this, of course. You must uninstall the prior version first, you must allow it to modify the database to the new version ... just to flipping test a new version!

And yea, I work in both daily ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, apparently you has tried many things before;  What I suggest seriously do the following: Open your project; Now create a new project and copy and paste the timeline on the new project (there may be some error in the project you are currently working on) close the preview project and try to export.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That was the solution! Worked like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-encoding-stuck-at-0/td-p/10415467

Same issue after patching to 14.0.1.  Clearing the chapter markers from the sequence allowed me to render as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For both Hampus and Silver ... were the sequences originally created in the 2019 13.x versions of Premiere?

I have seen a user elsewhere report that some sequences created in the 13.x/2019 builds won't export in 14.0.1. His workaround was to create a new sequence in 14.0.1, copy/paste the contents of the old sequence into the new one created in 14.0.1

You may find it faster to do this by setting up a "pancake" editing screen with two timelines vertically stacked.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked wonders!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are investigating this issue. You may try the steps mentioned in this article and check if it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Sumeet -- the recommendation in the article around deleteing the marker_GUID info worked for me.  https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/how-to-solve-encoding-export-stuck-at-0-with-premiere-pr...

Did not need to do the new sequence / copy paste approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me. There were multiple marker_GUID 's in my Sequences so just make sure to look for more than 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much. Your advice just saved my life on a. crazy deadline. Clearing all markers on my existing sequence did the trick! I'm ever so grateful 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been getting this issue as well, 

The easiest fix that worked for me is to create a new sequence and copy everything into it.

What causes this issue though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of us "here" are staffers or engineers ... so we don't know "why". We've just figured out how to get around it when that specific thing happens.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Along with the time remapping issues, nesting issues, lumetri issues, etc, I have to wonder why you (adobe) keep pumping out new versions when they're completely rife with bugs, along with old ones that still haven't been fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JRB,

It's fascinating to see people complaining about the devs pushing new versions/features rather than going after bugs/stability.

Most users clearly didn't actually look at the information for the 2020 version. The "new" features were ... auto-reframe. That's about it. Oh, and finally adding the full keyboard shortcuts from the old Titler to available with the EGP. That wasn't a lot of engineering time on new stuff.

So ... what was it? As noted in quite a few places ... the main purpose of the 14.x/2020 series was to go after stability and bugs. And in that process, announced they were limiting the older gear that they were coding for to simplify and update the code base, had fixed (for most scenarios at least) the largest batch of bugs/stability issues they've ever hit, and would be going after more as their main effort.

At Adobe MAX, the project sub-manager brought in to lead the rebuilding of the Pr engineering team to make bugs/stability a more native part of their entire process talked with a meeting of the ACPs. Ivo Manolov said that 1) they'd hit a ton of bugs which was the good news but 2) that backlog was massive and will take some time to work through ... as the bad news.

And for current users, also good news/bad news: as a percentage of the user base, more users are stable with the 14.x series than any previous series was the good news. The bad news ... the majority of the remaining bugs and stability issues were things they couldn't replicate with the in-house mix of Mac/PC gear and media. So getting at the remaining issues, which were HUGE for say some users with RED and Sony media types, some other things ... is darn difficult. What the engineers can't replicate, they can't fix.

Understand, Premeire runs on the widest range of gear/media/workflows of any major NLE. For years at NAB, aisle-talk has wondered if Premiere shouldn't back off on the gear/media it worked with in order to get wider stability. So I asked him about that, and he said that is why they cut back on some of the older gear and media types. Purely to simplify coding.

And further ... they made it clear they NEED the users with issues to file detailed reports on the UserVoice system. One of the engineers who read every report filed was there, and his chief complaint was that for so many reports, all he got was "X ain't working on my rig" ... and as he doesn't even know then what version they have or what gear they're running on, it's a useless report.

If you're having troubles, please go to the UserVoice system and search for similar reports, add on a comment with detailed information on your gear/media and what happens when you do whatever is leading to the problem. That way they can see better what is happening, start narrowing down on what gear/media, and contact those that give enough details so the engineers get a better look at the factors involved.

Also ... besides the engineers, all reports filed on the UserVoice system get collated and sent up to the upper managers who determine budgets ... Adobe lives by metrics, so ... let's give them metrics.

Oh ... and post back here a link to any UserVoice thread you create or vote on, so the rest of us can pop over there and upvote. Let's get some of these things fixed.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why TF does Adobe make updates that make it HARDER to use the product. i legit can't think of one time i've upgraded an OS and a new version of Premiere and the sh*t just worked. never.

RANT over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this problem - got stuck on 0% while encoding/exporting. The fix for me was just deleting any markers on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Premiere are you using? 14.0, 14.0.1, or 14.0.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been solved in 14.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me! thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines