Premiere Pro CC 2020 (14.0.4) Interface Lagging, Partial Freezing

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very mysterious issue (came out of nowhere in the past week or so):

The interface periodically lags and partially freezes, seemingly without reason or any discernable trigger. Video and audio playback won't interrupt, but the interface will freeze for 1-2 seconds, sometimes pinwheeling briefly. Happens in the timeline and even when previewing audio (WAV files) in the source monitor, so it's the whole program seizing up.

I've tried all the usual remedies: cleared media cache, cleared preferences, reinstalled three times, reset workspaces, nothing. I've also tried copying over assets/cuts into fresh projects/sequences and... still the same.

• Editing with Apple ProRes Proxies MOV (1920x1080)
  • Running Premiere 14.0.4 (build 18)
  • MacBook Pro (2019)
  • macOS Catalina (10.15.4)
  • 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

The assets (really just one long 1080 MOV proxy and a bunch of audio) are on a LaCie rugged drive via USB-C. BlackMagic speed test on the drive isn't showing any irregularities.

The issue will seemingly go away for a little while after a restart, but then it comes back and gets progressively worse. The system's Activity Monitor also isn't showing too much strain on CPU or memory, so it's a real mystery bug that's endlessly infuriating.

Anyone else having this issue or know of any viable solutions?

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue and tried everything to fix it so need help as well (Windows)

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar issue on a 16" MBP, 32 GB RAM, Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, using internal SSD on current OS.  I hit play or stop and it often takes a second or two for Premiere to notice.  Spent 2-3 hours on a screenshare with Adobe support, full reinstall, everything he could think of:  nothing changed.   I thought it was a Mac thing, but looks like it's across the board on both platforms.   I haven't found a solution on this board yet or from Adobe.  Please don't send me to FCP X.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you folks still having this issue? This sounds identical to what I'm having and I cannot find a solid solution to it.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines