I'm having problems to export a 12 minutes short-film.
What I know is when I click "Export", or queue in Media Encoder, the project stays in the "Encoding" phase and doesn't do anything.
Do you know anything about this problem?
Thank you. 🙂
I just updated to 14.0.1 and ME stopped working!!!... does nothing... 14.0.0 worked great.
Cannot double click on the settings to re open and make an adjustment. Paths work. When starting the render either nothing happens OR a grey progress area shows up but no progress or small preview at bottom.
UPDATE rolled back to 14.0.0 and works like a charm with the PP 14.0.1 installed
I have the same problem with both softwares (PP and ME).
I'll try to downgrade to 14.0.0 to see what happens.
I hardly ever let update overwrite but uninstall, reboot then install the new version, reboot.
This doesn't work at all. I haven't found an solution to this problem and have been struggling all day.
I am trying to find a way to downgrade but it seems it doesn´t work? Any ideas? Where can I find 4.0?
Confirmed, we are not able to do simple, fundamental EXPORTING.
The temp workaround is indeed to downgrade Encoder to 14.0 and use it with Premiere 14.0.1.
good one Adobe
WARNING TO ALL!!
---> IF YOU ROLL BACK FROM M.E. 14.0.1 TO 14.0.0 YOUR CUSTOM PRESETS ARE TRASHED/DELETED.
FIND THEM 1ST AND SAVE THEM. SAME WITH THE PROXIE CUSTOM PRESETS.
Definitely a good tip. I suggest just backing up everything in the \Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\14.0 folder. After reinstall, if you delete the contents in this folder and replace it with your backup copy, everything will be as good as it was before.
Thakfully I was ok because I tend to back these up regularly. A little tip, if you aren't using your CC storage for much, this is a great utilization for it. I have a folder in my CC Files called 'Configuration Backups', and then I load in the root preferences folder for each app. It came in handy today as I was doing this workaround.
You probably could also Download from CC sync, but I'm always skeptical that it would carry EVERYTHING over. If you didn't have everything backed up, maybe try this?
Downgraded to 14.0 it worked just fine!!
I was having the same problem, and it was making me CRAZY. It is completely unacceptable for Adobe to not be fixing these problems immediately and/or rolling out new software with such egregious flaws. That being said, the solution to uninstall 14.0.1 and install the previous version (14.0) worked perfectly for me. Thank you to whoever suggested that - and if you're listening, Adobe Developers, all I can say is...WTF?
Confirming the same problem here - encoding stuck at 0% with 14.0.1. This happens both when exporting within Premiere or Media Encoder.
I tried what feels like everything, but I can't find a way to resolve it so I think rolling back Media Encoder to 14.0.0 as people are suggesting is the way to go. Fingers crossed it works for me too.
You got it, will do this right now.
Confirming that rolling back AME to 14.0 worked, and I was able to export my video from Premiere 14.0.1 to AME 14.0 without issue. For others performing this workaround, I suggest backing up everything in your preferences folder for AME (\Documents\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\14.0) because the CC app will purge this folder upon rolling back.
Thankfully I'm one of those weirdos who keeps configuration backups of my Adobe apps in my CC storage, so I was able to restore everything without issue. I guess it paid off.
Downgraded to 14.0 and it worked just fine tho!!
Thanks Sumeet - Yes, this article you referenced solved the problem for me. Basically the sequence markers are causing a conflict and if you delete them before export, it no longer hangs. Hopefully this will be fixed in a future update, but at least I now understand the issue and can work around it.
The bug is still here on 14.0.4
When you uncheck "Import Sequences Natively" this bug occurs. The fix is to reset the settings of AME. But then you cannot encode the Lumetri Color effects you made on Premiere. I have to export using Premiere itself. AME is not working for Premiere projects.
Hi and thank you for the work around but it is far easier to simply downgrade to 14.0.0 HOWEVER please have your people PRESERVE the custom PRESETS when downgrading. 🙂 they are wiped as of now.
Same problem. What's worse for me, is that Adobe Encoder 14.0 won't export my audio properly from Premiere 14.0.1
I've hit my limit, and I literally cannot send my client their video 😕