• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC 2020 Lag on new 2019 MBP 16"

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a brand new 2019 MBP 16", and the playback in the timeline is simply impossible to work with in PP CC 2020 (v 14.0.4 (Build 18)). There is a significant delay when I hit play and pause. It happens randomly so it is very difficult to troubleshoot.

The footage is not proxy, however there are no effects or titles; it's just very simple playback issues that previous versions of PP would be able to handle. 

What do I do? 

System specs:

MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

OS Catalina 10.15.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2020 Mar 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem, but with proxies. PP 2019 works so much better but still has a bit of a lag. I don't get it since it's simple footage and my macbook "16 is maxed out in pretty much everything except hard drive space. I tried working with USB-C and locally. Both had a lag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

beatrizm,

You have a Mac. Try my Mac troubleshooting steps, especially deleting media cache and setting your Adobe folders (and all enclosed folders) to R/W permissions. Do make sure you have some headroom on your macOS drive, like 20%, as well as your media drive.

You can always buy more drive space....fortunately, it's not too costly.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines