• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Crashing After Importing Media

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2014 Nov 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built my first PC a couple a weeks ago for the sole purpose of editing with Premiere Pro CC, but every time I import any media and try to use/view it, the program crashes. As long as I don't import, the program doesn't crash. After I import, it will crash regardless if it's a still image or video.  I even tried loading the "Eagles_Doc_Final" project that Adobe gives, as practice and that will crash immediately, since there is media already imported.

I am about to start an assistant editing job at my work and I need to start training at home with Premiere since I've only used Final Cut in the past.

My System:

Premiere Pro CC Trial Version - I really want to buy a membership, but i cant even get it to work. 

Windows 7 Home Premium - Made all updates using Window Update.

Processor - Intel Core i7 4790K - Drivers updated using Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD3H - Bios is version F5. There is a F6 and F7 update, but not sure if this would be needed?

GPU - None - I am waiting to see how fast Premiere Pro CC is without using a GPU for acceleration. I read I didn't need a GPU to run the program. Is this correct?

This is the error I get...

"Adobe Premiere Pro CC has stopped working"

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Application Version: 8.1.0.81

Application Timestamp: 5426694c

Fault Module Name: devenum.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.6.7600.16385

Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bded7

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000000016a0

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: ec5a

Additional Information 2: ec5adb2545b190cc19da7bdfa78d5bf1

Additional Information 3: 52eb

Additional Information 4: 52eb6b5eb5247c23714f771b797ebaa7

and this is the application error from the Event Viewer.

General

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 8.1.0.81, time stamp: 0x5426694c

Faulting module name: devenum.dll, version: 6.6.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bded7

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000000016a0

Faulting process id: 0x1114

Faulting application start time: 0x01d00202f06d1b2f

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\devenum.dll

Report Id: 3bf56dba-6df6-11e4-9734-74d435e5c333

If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would gladly appreciate it. I don't want to jeopardize anything with this new job because I couldn't get this working.

- JR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi jacobrivera68,

Before importing anything, go to File > Project Settings > General and change the GPU Acceleration to Mercury Playback Engine (software only) and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jacobrivera68,

Before importing anything, go to File > Project Settings > General and change the GPU Acceleration to Mercury Playback Engine (software only) and see if that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rameez,

Thanks so much for your help!!! That seems to have fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2017 Jan 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rameez,

That solved my issue like a magic.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2015 Mar 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

you save me ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  My computer is brand new and I installed the trial program earlier today. Same issues except mine is crashing when I try to load any jpeg files. The message states that the file format is not supported. I have gone in to change it to Mercury Playback Engine but found it was already at that setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 01, 2015 May 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Theresa,

Please provide the following details:OS/ CPU/ RAM/ Graphics Card/ Exact version of Premiere

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, solved the error for me as well 

What does it mean if GPU acceleration is causing the crash though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Caleb,

It can be related to bad/incompatible drivers for your GPU.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not likely bad drivers ... windows 10 is truly buggy, and still in beta, and Adobe does not support CS6 for any OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue here. It has always worked fine but one day it just started to crash on media import. Same drivers as I had before without any issues and have my acceleration switched to "software only". Does anyone know how to fix this? Is the only to install everything again?

Best regards,

Filipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Filipe,

Please share your computer specs with us.

Do you get a specific error message after the crash?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rameez,

thank you for your reply! You'll find all the info here

Premiere Pro CC 2015.3 crashing on import media

Best regards,

Filipe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same exact issue. Spent all of last week reconfiguring my entire computer and reinstalling all of the Adobe programs over again. Spent an hour or two with Adobe support the week before last prior to reconfiguring my computer to no avail. Now will all of the programs reinstalled this is still crashing every time I import something. I have Windows 10, Premiere Pro CC 2017.0.2. HELP!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dianab,

Sorry that you have this issue!

I think it's related to the video card installed in your computer. Which GPU is installed in your machine?

Additionally, do you see any error log in the following location: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Premiere Pro\11.0\logs

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there are multiple crash files from the project I was trying to work on yesterday. Crash Files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! The crash logs are going to help.

Could you please send those crash logs to me? I've sent you instructions in a DM.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem here's my crashlog: Process: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe [11616] Path: - Pastebin.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here since updating to latest version. I cleaned cache. I've tried importing into project and just select from media browser and has crashed every time tonight. I'm on a 2015 Macbook pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with the same laptop. When you use filters in transitions, the Premiere crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I know this is old, but tearing my hair out over this issue. I've used PP happily on my PC for the past year and all of a sudden, 2 days ago tried and can't do anything because of constant crashing. Happens when I'm importing media. Occasionally, I'll get the media imported, then during playback, it crashes. I tried updating to the latest version of PP. I tried rolling back to 3 earlier versions... still happening. Also, I tried changing GPU acceleration to software only when creating a new project and that did not make a difference.

The last time I used PP and did not experience crashing, I had not yet installed my GPU.

RAM: 64 GB DDR3 RipJaws

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW

Premiere Version: Latest up-to-date Premiere Pro CC 2017

Any ideas? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having that issue too and it just started out of the blue a couple of days ago. Right click your PP icon on your desktop and change the compatibility setting to Windows 8. It will work fine if you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something else I accidentally discovered when going 'old school'. I think the problem with the build might be the media encoder or codecs. I imported my various clips individually into Windows Movie Maker and exported them as MP4s, before importing them into Premier Pro CC 2017. All of a sudden some of the PP glitches disappeared, it recognized the clips and the timeline playback and features worked, where they hadn't been working. After I did that, the only time it locked up was when I moved too fast trying to change text, or add an effect. The build is still very unstable, but at least it's usable when I do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do exactly the same. But still common, this is not a proper solution. After exporting from windows maker resolution/quality is not the same anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing happened to me on Premiere Pro 2018 as well while importing but it works fine now after I went to preferences, media and deleted old media cache files. Hopefully this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines