Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC hangs on splash screen "loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle"

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro CC hangs on splash screen  "loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle"

This happened before when I had CS6. I'm now using CC and haven't had problems until now. I again get the hang up while loading. Previously I trashed the loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle file and this solved the problem.

I tried to contact support. I thought my subscription to CC included support, apparently not.

Anyone else have this Problem?

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

I just gave this one more shot and it worked!

1. Go to Applications

2. Go to Adobe Premiere CS6

3. Right click on the application and click on “Show Package Contents”

4. Go to Contents –> Plug-ins –> Common

5. Move the following files to the desktop: ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle and ImporterQuicktimeHost.bundle

6. Restart Adobe Premiere CS6 and it will successfully open up

Thanks again, now back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello bvawter,

Please see this FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

This thread may also help: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1010136

Basically, try repairing disk permissions, uninstalling third party codecs, like Flip4Mac, etc. first.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Kevin.

I tried repairing permissions.

I recently installed OSX 10.8.4 but I've been succesfully using PP since then. PP is up to date v7.0.1

I have read the other forum posts on this.

Again, this problem cropped up using PP CS6, but I was able fix it using this procedure:

1. Go to Applications

5. Move the following files to the desktop: ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle and ImporterQuicktimeHost.bundle

This no longer fixes it.

I desperately need to get back to work.

Even though I feel Adobe support should be included in a CC subscription, I'm considering purchasing Adobe Bronze support with a max wait time of 4 hours and only alloted phone calls for  $175

thanks anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just gave this one more shot and it worked!

1. Go to Applications

Thanks again, now back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For others who might run into this and want to keep the Quicktime bundle enabled, I narrowed this down to something in the user's Library folder (~/Library/Application Support/Adobe) causing the issue. I renamed the existing Adobe folder in the user's Application Support folder, logged out and logged back in and then was able to successfully launch Premiere and the other Adobe Apps I tried.

I'm sure that removing the Adobe folder with Application Support causes some settings to be reset to defaults, much like nuking a preference file, but at least my client was back up and running again.

Keep in mind, this is the *users* Library folder, not the Library folder at the root of the drive. To access it from the Finder, you'll need to hold the option key while clicking on the "go" menu.

Cheers,

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2014 Dec 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the ImporterQuickTime.bundle and ExporterQuickTime.bundle didn't work, because all the .mov files in my project went offline, and won't be able to reconnect. Premiere need the plugins to open .mov files.

I have this problem on two Mac's with both the newest Premiere Pro CC 2014 V8.1.

There is also another topic active:

Premiere Pro CS6 Hangs on startup

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2015 Apr 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you do this all of your media goes offline...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I have had this same Hanging problem for the last few weeks but in my case I have cracked it!

I have AVG running and when loading premiere CS5 CS6 it stops on Slash Creen saying.. "loading ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle"

However, when I disable AVG all works well.

After many hours I managed to find the culprit! It is the QT32 Server file situated in Premiere folder here...........

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5\32 Adobe QT32 Server.

I added the above link to my firewall exceptions and it now works without fail!!

Hope this helps someone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bvawter,

are you able to import .MOV files into Premiere now?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I pulleded those quicktime files from the folder ( I trashed them later). PPro CC started and yes I can import .mov files.

The application creates new ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle and ImporterQuicktimeHost.bundle files when you open the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution

install Media Encoder and Premiere

go to /Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Premiere Pro (Adobe Media Encoder or other program)

Delete 8.0 file and make folder named 8.0. Cmd+i on this folder, press the lock icon and set [rwx] for everyone.

enjoy

P.S.If don't work try copy and replace AdobeCoolType.framework (and/or amtlib.framework) from other Adobe app $APP$/Contents/Frameworks/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2014 Aug 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me, BUT now I cannot view or import QuickTime movies in Premiere. Has anyone found an actual fix for this? Removing the ExporterQuickTimeHost.bundle & ImporterQuickTime.bundle will allow me to open the software but that does me no good if I can't access the QuickTime files in my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious what systems and capture devices everyone is using here. Could there be a relationship?

I'm on a PC, most of you seem to be on Mac. My capture device is the GH4. Most of these so-called solutions are solutions for those of us that have .mov files to import and edit. I don't see anyone talking about issues with the thumbnails in their bins, scrubbing etc. My issue goes a step or two further by causing some thumbnails not to display properly, instead greyed out or yellow "media pending" or sometimes green. It suggests PrPro is still conforming .pek .cfa files but that is not the case. Another quirk is that some videos scrub and play but the audio always starts with a loud, shrill sound then mutes for the rest of the playback. This is the case even if I transcode to something else using AME.

This is driving me nuts. Sure, all that you need to do is terminate the Adobe QT 32 Server or remove the files suggested above to prevent initial hang but that doesn't fix the rest of the issues, and PrPro gets unresponsive and requires a force close.

You can find complaints about this issue going back 4 yrs, why are we still having issues today? I don't have anything else but Adobe products, OEM bloatware, Quicktime and VLC loaded on this machine--there shouldn't be any conflicts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2014 Dec 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues with CC starting up? Stuck on ExporterQuicktimeHost.bundle? use this blog!

Premiere Pro CC, CC 2014, or 2014.1 freezing on startup or crashing while working (Mac OS X 10.9, an...

Also try opening Activity Monitor and quitting "Adobe QT32 Server"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2016 Apr 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work for me

Open media encoder and make sure it runs. If it does try running premier pro.If neither work install or reinstall quick time player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's works.thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2016 Dec 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If anyone's still having issues with this, the steps below worked for me (not that all necessarily need to be taken)

I tried launching PP, splash screen appears and whole process quits on QuickTime bundle mentioned above (or CoreAudio bundle on other attempts)

I re-downloaded QuickTime just to be sure (7.6.6)

I uninstalled Flip4Mac

I tried launching Media Encoder but that in itself would not launch either, here however I got error on writing permissions to /User/<user name>/Documents/Adobe/Adobe Media Encoder/11.0/Presets (? I think). I checked permissions on the entire Adobe folder inside Documents and my user was not listed. Added that / read, write / apply to contents

Media Encoder launched fine after that and PP was now also fixed (ME does not have to be launched prior to PP)

OSX 10.11.1

Premiere Pro CC 2017

Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines