• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC lost link with psd files, unsuccessful re-linking due to "Generic Error"

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

I've been working on my premier pro file for the past 3 days, using imported psd files and there's been no problem.

This morning however the link between photoshop files and premiere pro stopped, so I tried to relink the media. This is what popped up:

Screen Shot 2018-10-31 at 2.52.50 PM.png

I've tried the following:

- moving the photoshop files to another folder and relinking there

- changing the name of the photoshop file

- ensuring the photoshop layers are in RGB format

Another thing to note, is that when trying to re-link my psd files in premiere pro, I'm unable to click on the sub-folders within 'Macintosh HD'. I think this is an important issue because my psd files are inside my 'library' sub-folder within Macintosh HD. 

I'm able to enter the sub-folders for everything else, i.e. my external hard drives.

Urgent help would be extremely appreciated, thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attempt #2 resulted in premiere pro shutting down:

[/PPro12.1.2/releases/shared/adobe/MediaCore/Backend/Src/Media/Media.cpp-1700]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaell25188327,

Sorry for the trouble. In which version of Photoshop the .psd files are created?

Open the files in Photoshop, save again and try linking the files in Premiere Pro.

If the issue persists, create a new project in Premiere Pro and try importing the same old .psd files.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing the same problem. 

So, what can i do now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact issue. Were you able to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. 

Reproduce:

File > New > Photoshop file.

I draw a single shape in the PSD. Save and close.

Returning to Premiere I get a missign media dialogue, ending in an import error. Noen of the above workarounds has worked.

I am uisng the laest versions or Premiere and Photoshop supplied via CC on MacOS Big Sur 11.2.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you deleted the old versions of both Premiere & Photoshop? Like some others suggested, opening the PSD file in the latest version and then save it again may work. Alternatively, you can try opening a new PPro project and then import the old project into the new one.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines