• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Message “This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration” but is Unresolved in Project Setting

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a 2008 Mac Pro with OS X El Capitan, 2 x 3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor, 16 GB 800 MHZ memory and ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB Graphics. The OS is kept old for compatibility with FCP 7. I have not wanted to update and lose access to that superior FCP program over FCP X. This is not the issue I want to address–just an equipment fact.

My issue: I have imported a few .png Photoshop files as layers and some effects .mov files as layers in a Premiere project. Now the “This Effect Requires GPU Acceleration” message comes up and when I follow video directions that say to switch project settings in the General file, Video Rendering and Playback settings of the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration (OpenCL) or some other GPU named setting the message on the video screen does not go away (as had been successfully corrected with prior incidents of smaller photos and video files). I had this message come up earlier in the project when I used a specific .png image (nearly all other .png images have not generated this message)—for those with success in eliminating this GPU message, when I changed the RENDERER in the Project Settings the message went away. I am not having that same success this time. Are there other options? Might I need to change the output setting of the Photoshop images I have imported into the project (size limits or other issues)?

Attached is an image of the screen of the project with the issue and an image of the settings window.

Please advise and thank you for any help you can offer.

Dan

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?