Premiere Pro CC .mov playback is split and green

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, when working on MOV files, I've been getting a distortion in the source window.  My video will segment into 3 parts...Top half of screen splits down the middle to show the video 2x.  On the lower half of the screen, it is a green overlay.  If I pause/stop the video it displays normally.  Because of this issue, I can't edit my

videos. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 3.18.28 PM.png

I'm running a IMac 5k,

3.2 Ghz Intel Core I5

8gb RAM

AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048

I've also tried running the program on a MacBook Pro, and don't have this issue.  I've uninstalled Premiere Pro CC and reinstalled with no luck in fixing the issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017
Hi rodneym,Just for test, decrease the playback resolution of Source Monitor to half or quarter & test. Have you tried changing the Renderer in Project settings?Steps:1. In Premiere Pro, File > Project Settings > General > Renderer2. Change the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software only mode > Click OK.3. In Video Rendering & Playback Setting changes window > Choose Delete Previews4. Check the video in the Program monitor.Thanks,Vidya Sagar.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rodneym,

Just for test, decrease the playback resolution of Source Monitor to half or quarter & test.

Have you tried changing the Renderer in Project settings?

Steps:

1. In Premiere Pro, File > Project Settings > General > Renderer

2. Change the Renderer to Mercury Playback Engine Software only mode > Click OK.

3. In Video Rendering & Playback Setting changes window > Choose Delete Previews

4. Check the video in the Program monitor.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But the Dropdown is disables and I dont find anyDelete Preview Option..

Please Reply Ma'am...Screenshot_1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Vidya.  That worked perfectly.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines