• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Open Caption point issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have an issue that every time that there is a short word on my open captions, such as Yes; No; Yeah; etc.; premiere pro automatically puts a dot on the line. This is super annoying because I have to go through and mask out all the short subtitles. This only happens to me and my team on our PCs. Do you guys know how to fix it?Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

I don't have access to Blinker. HOWEVER, when I reopened my testing project just now, I see that the Rift caption I looked at yesterday now HAS the extra dot/period. It is outside the caption block/background, to the right about 2 spaces.

Note that there are gotchas when testing. I changed one more caption to Rift to test how many characters in the caption create the dot. The dot showed. I used only numbers (e.g. 123), forgetting that all numbers does NOT show the dot.

In any event, 5 charac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a related problem like this in the 2017 version, fixed by one of the later 2017 versions.

And what seemed to be a font specific issue in V13 and maybe 14. See this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-caption-words-under-6-characters-have-a-period-...

I cannot replicatetoday with Arial.  Win10 PC; PR 14.5.0.

What specific dot version of PR and what font are you using? 

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using PR 14.5.0, the latest version. Yes, I tried it with Arial and I don't seem the have the same issue. I have to use the Blinker font and the problem seems to be there.

Apart from changing the font, do you know if there's anything I can do about it?

Thanks a lot!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Does this occur in the new captions workflow? (now in beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't tried that yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have access to Blinker. HOWEVER, when I reopened my testing project just now, I see that the Rift caption I looked at yesterday now HAS the extra dot/period. It is outside the caption block/background, to the right about 2 spaces.

Note that there are gotchas when testing. I changed one more caption to Rift to test how many characters in the caption create the dot. The dot showed. I used only numbers (e.g. 123), forgetting that all numbers does NOT show the dot.

In any event, 5 characters shows the dot; 6 does not.

One workaround is to pad the end of the caption with spaces, so there are 6 total, including the actual letters. If you don't have a lot of styling, you can export srt, edit in a text editor, and reimport.

As you noted, you can mask them out, but, since the block size varies, I don't see any way to do it that does not require going through one by one. You might be able to make a preset based on the number of characters, which, as noted, is only 1 - 5.

FYI, I do not see this listed in the user voice bug reports:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Stan suggested, please file a User Voice bug report. This community is mostly moderated by Adobe Creative Professionals (ACPs), casually observed by Adobe Staff. We're here to help you, but this is not the proper channel for bug reports.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In regards to captions, I monitor both placds, so one or the other forum will get to me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nate, I do not see the dot in Beta. I am on a project that has prevented my testing the new workflow in Beta, but enabled it and took a quick stab. Need to get up to speed...

Looking forward to testing this.

Thiago, Beta builds are now public. However, the Beta new caption workflow is missing important functions for now, so is not a workaround. But it is very exciting that major progress forward to a totally reworked captioning system is happening.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Sam!!

I experience exactly what you said, I have to go one by one masking (found it to be more reliable than adding spaces, sometimes even with spaces I find dots after).

I will file in a bug to adobe, hopefully, they get it fixed. Nevertheless, I really do appreciate your effort.

Best Regards,

Thiago Tostes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, a bug has already been filed. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines