• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Scaling Issue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having an issue where scaling no longer works in the updated Premiere Pro?  After I upgraded I am no longer able to set scaling on objects.  For example, let's say I want a picture to begin on the timeline at 100% and graduate up to 120% during a 5 sec duration.  Will not work - or at least, it is not previewing that it works.  Right now I'm rolling back to an earlier version to see where the problem originates.  If anyone else is having this issue or has a resolution please let me know.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Pardue,
This is because you are taxing your system resources too heavily. You are probably not meeting system requirements (we never got them, BTW). Likely, you don't have a powerful enough computer or you media is too highly compressed and large in frame size, or both. How to fix:

1. You have most control over optimizing media.
    1. Video: Transcode H.264 to ProRes LT.
    2. Still Images: edit to be no more than 2x the Sequence Settings size.
  2. You can also buy more powerful hardware.
    1. Your CPU, GPU, or b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a thread with this very issue yesterday but could not reproduce it here, on CC 2019 13.0.2, Windows 10.

What exact version of CC 2019 did you use and what OS do you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl, I experienced the issue with 13.01 and also with 13.0.  When I reinstalled 12.1.2 (Build 69) I no longer had the problem.  OS is Windows 10 Home. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl, I experienced the issue with 13.01 and also with 13.0.

Start Premiere Pro CC 2019 and go to Help > Updates to get the latest 13.0.2 update and try again.

I noticed the other day that installing Premiere Pro CC 2019 got me 13.0.1 and i had to manually get the 13.0.2 update from within Premiere Pro. This is the first time that the CC app never installed the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl, I will re-install 13.0.1 then manually update to get to 13.0.2 and will let you know if the scaling works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Averdahl, I installed 13.0.1 then manually updated to get to 13.0.2, but the issue still exists.  The scaling works in 12.1.2 (Build 69), but not in 13.0, 13.0.1 or 13.0.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple scaling working for me in 2019.0.2. Don't have one of the other 2019's to test.

Averdahl, is this the one you saw?

Image sequence scaling gone wrong since updating to Premiere 2019

I doubt the following is your issue; I think you'd have other issues. But since the basics do not have you working....

In 2019.0.0 and perhaps before, Windows scaling of 125% resulted in no bounding boxes in text editing. Fixed in 2019.0.1. I think this bug may have been an issue (and fixed) in an earlier version. The link has info that will explain the windows scaling I'm asking about.

Bounding Box Disappears Essential Graphics with Version 2019

For any of these issues, I think it is useful to report your graphics card and driver version, and whether you are using multiple monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan Jones, I have dual monitors set up using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You start with a new project right?

For a test, open PP and start a new project. Drop a clip in there, put it on the timeline, and try the scaling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPj, yes.  if I start a new project, drop a clip or a .jpg on the timeline and attempt to have scaling go from 100% and graduate up to 120% during a 5 sec duration between two keyframes, it will not work in 13.0, 13.0.1 or 13.0.2.  If I upgrade an older version that had graduating scaling on a clip or picture, it no longer works.  Rolling back to 12.1.2 (Build 69) worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check your windows display settings, you should have it at 100% and nothing else, like so:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  This is what I have:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try it with just the main display on? Remove the 2nd display, make sure on that display screen you show above that there is just one display, then fire up PP and try it.

Also, the problem is scaling at all right? So, if you drag the scaling property up and down (left and right) the video in the program monitor does not scale...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MyerPj, I tried it with just the main display on and it behaved the same way.  Static scaling works, meaning I am able to scale an image from 100% to 120% percent as long as I don't want it to progressively change across the timeline between two keyframes it will scale.  However, if I start a new project, drop a clip or a .jpg on the timeline and attempt to have scaling go from 100% and graduate up to 120% during a 5 sec duration between two keyframes, it will not work in 13.0, 13.0.1 or 13.0.2.  Rolling back to 12.1.2 (Build 69) resolved the issue.  Again, I don't have the issue in 12.1.2 (Build 69) and have not seen this issue before.  I have been using Premiere Pro since CS6 and have not had an issue like this.  I'm not sure why you think it would be my display config, but I tried your theory to no avail. This issue surfaced when I upgraded from 12.1.2 (Build 69) to version 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no reason to think that this is it, but not that in your screen shot re scaling, your arrow points to "Change the size of text...." The scaling that has been a problem for some users is when (in that screenshot) you click "advanced scaling options," you change the scaling there. But I think that changes what you see for text scaling to something other than 100%.

No clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After any Premiere update I uninstall and reinstall the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you are on Windows. Do you have any advanced Windows scaling set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what advanced Windows scaling is, Stan Jones, so I'm guessing not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardue,

Can we get details of your computer, GPU, OS, and source media? Also, if you can share a sample project with us, that would be helpful. Uplodad it to Creative Cloud, DropBox or the like.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to see that you are investigating this. I have the same problem, using 13.0.2 but it seems clear that there are simply no programmatic key frames being offered to enable any form of effect with the exception of opacity:

pp-kframes.png

Windows 10 Pro v 1803 Build 17134.523

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyframe controls appear when you click the stopwatch on an effect ... it is then " on", turns blue like the opacity stopwatch in your screengrab. And keyframe controls appear.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops! Novice, apologies. Of course the keyframe controls are there, now you have kindly pointed out how to come by them! Also, I can adjust the effects across the timeline, so no apparent errors at all.

Cheers,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are SO many things in this app that are like that ... at times, it feels like navigating a minefield as a noob ... sure was for me! There were some heavily watched tutorials out there 4-5 year back where the presenter left out "silly little" steps now and then. You could tell when someone asked certain questions here ... just from the question ... that they'd watched one of THOSE tutorials.

Yea, you sit and go ... sheesh ... and then go back to work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I am thankful I posed my noob question here first before watching a heap of THOSE videos!

Thanks again,

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's some good ones ... and some that suggest awful processes/workflows ... out "in the wild" on the web/YouTube/Vimeo.

However ... say on lynda.com/linked-In Learning there are some very worthwhile tutorials. I strongly suggest that a month or two of subscriptions there with diligent study in and PRACTICE of what is in the videos is a very low-cost and practical education source for getting started. In a month, you'll be able to do a lot more than you can even think of now ... and much faster than you can do simple things.

Also ... to me THE "bible" for Pr editing, is Jarle Leirpoll's excellent ebook "The Cool Stuff in Premiere Pro". The title sound like some fun play stuff but that is way off.

This is around 1400 pages or so of detailed information as to how to accomplish most anything from basic editing through sound, graphics, color, composites, and especially ... workflow concepts and processes to get stuff done correctly and FAST.

Found on his site:

premierepro.net

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines