• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC Scaling Issue

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having an issue where scaling no longer works in the updated Premiere Pro?  After I upgraded I am no longer able to set scaling on objects.  For example, let's say I want a picture to begin on the timeline at 100% and graduate up to 120% during a 5 sec duration.  Will not work - or at least, it is not previewing that it works.  Right now I'm rolling back to an earlier version to see where the problem originates.  If anyone else is having this issue or has a resolution please let me know.  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Pardue,
This is because you are taxing your system resources too heavily. You are probably not meeting system requirements (we never got them, BTW). Likely, you don't have a powerful enough computer or you media is too highly compressed and large in frame size, or both. How to fix:

1. You have most control over optimizing media.
    1. Video: Transcode H.264 to ProRes LT.
    2. Still Images: edit to be no more than 2x the Sequence Settings size.
  2. You can also buy more powerful hardware.
    1. Your CPU, GPU, or b

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like the same problem!!!

I am running 13.0.2 (Build 38) on a Late 2016 Macbook Pro. 

My daughter is running the same version on an older Macbook Pro.

When we set keyframes on a picture and adjust scaling so the picture grows or shrinks over time, the data in the "Effect Controls" window looks right.  The scale number even changes as the preview plays. 

The problem is that the picture in the preview does not change.  If you click on it, the outline will change sizes, but the picture itself just sits there.

The only way to see what it is doing is to render it.  Once I render it, and play back the .mp4, I can see the scaling worked.  But it's impossible to render after every edit only to find out that you want it a little bigger or smaller.  I need to SEE what I'm changing, as I change it.  Especially as I'm working on a video montage with over 50 individual pictures. 

This problem is happening to me and my daughter.  Adobe, can you help us out? 

Thanks in advance...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume you're watching in the Program monitor ad not Source monitor?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Yes, we're watching in the program monitor. 

Per one of the comments above, we reinstalled v12 on my daughter's machine, and the scaling works in the preview (program monitor).  I assume it must be a problem with v13. 

But, if you have any tips for how to make v13 work, I'd love to try it! 

Thanks,

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a PC, and well ... it just works.

Kevin-Monahan​ ... you're a Mac dude, ideas?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

Underpowered old computer. Large, highly compressed media, probably from a game stream or mobile phone. No transcodes or proxies used. The big 3. It's always the big 3. If only we forced creating transcodes in the background. My dream on behalf of new editors.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this problem on both Mac and Windows. I didn't have the problem with 12.1.2; it was an Adobe update that broke things. It's now August of 2020, and I still have this problem with the latest updated version of Premiere. Here's what I've found:

I can animate the scale property on images. It still works, but the preview in the program window is what's broken: it just stays frozen. Note: This only happens when the object I'm scaling is the only thing under my playhead. By that I mean, if I have a video playing underneath an overlaid image, I can scale that image just fine and preview it. But if there's no motion in the background, then it won't preview the scaling properly.

Side note: If, rather than scaling the object directly, I throw the transform effect on it, and adjust the scale on the effect, then the preview works just fine. It's a super annoying workaround, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more info please: system and media. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardue,
This is because you are taxing your system resources too heavily. You are probably not meeting system requirements (we never got them, BTW). Likely, you don't have a powerful enough computer or you media is too highly compressed and large in frame size, or both. How to fix:

1. You have most control over optimizing media.
    1. Video: Transcode H.264 to ProRes LT.
    2. Still Images: edit to be no more than 2x the Sequence Settings size.
  2. You can also buy more powerful hardware.
    1. Your CPU, GPU, or both are not powerful enough to handle the bandwidth you are throwing at it.

Hope that helps,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also have this kind of problem, heres how i solved my problem. I nest the video clip i want to scale and it work for me. Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines