• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC slows my audio speed

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've been using premiere pro CC since it has came out and I have used premiere pro since cs5, CC has always been giving me a ton of issues that are extremely complex and hard to find, but this one, is impossible to find. I have a video of the problem here : Wtf is going on with premiere - YouTube it no longer crashes, it just has the slowed audio and I have no idea why,

Specs:

Intel i5 6400

AMD RX 480 4GB edition

16GBS DDR4 ram

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the problem is that Premiere is crashing on you? It could be graphics card related. Have a look at this article that talks about it in relation to AMD GPU:

Fix Adobe Premiere Pro has Stopped Working error – TheITBros

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No premiere pro stopped crashing when I updated it, it's just the audio sounds like I went up and change the speed to like 30% but the video is at normal speed. And on some videos I have recorded it doesn't even recognize audio what so ever

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JessiAnn31,

Screen capturing applications often use Variable Frame Rate recording, which is not ideal for use in Premiere Pro.

This could affect the quality of the final output due to frame rate conversion, also.

Many users also experience audio sync issue with variable frame rate material.

Please transcode your footage using the free HandBrake software before importing and editing in Premiere.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how  come it's only doing this now? I've been using this software for a while now and I have never experienced it until just recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it's probably that your media is VFR ... you can check by downloading/installing the freeware MediaInfo (highly recommended "around here") and drag/drop a file onto the icon for it. That applet pops up, and select going into "Tree View", and check the Video section for "Frame rate mode" ... if it says Variable, it's VFR; Constant, would be CFR, which is what PrPro needs to work properly.

https://mediaarea.net/nn/MediaInfo/Download

Kulpreet has already given the download link for Handbrake, and to use it, please make sure in the Video tab that you both click the "CFR" "radio box" and set a specific frame-rate speed, as if you use the options for Auto or same as source, you will still get VFR output.

Be aware that sometimes HandBrake will give you a lot of compression. When I take phone video from my Samsung, Handbrake will convert it both from 4k to FullHD (1080) ... and reduce the average bit-rate from 49 to around 21 Mbps. So I created a preset to keep the frame-size and lowered the compression settings to "placebo" to keep the Mbps of the original media.

After doing so, it edits quite nicely in PrPro. And ... you can batch process in HandBrake so it could run overnight at need.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines