• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC2019 Causing Full Crash of Computer

Engaged ,
May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced their computer completely crashing after updating to Premiere Pro CC 2019? I think it's only occurring when opening or playing back 4K footage (in my case, from a Panasonic GH5 camera). It seems to be completely random as to when it will happen. I can sometimes work for 20 minutes or more before it crashes, other times it does it within the first few seconds after loading a project. The computer doesn't blue screen, both monitors just lose signal and I typically hear a fan or two inside the case crank up to a very high RPM. Not sure if this is the GPU, CPU, or one or more of the case fans. The fan(s) doesn't do this every time it crashes, but next time it happens I'll try and figure out which fan it is. At any rate, I'm unable to do anything else and have to hard reset.

I have an Nvidia GTX 1080 GPU and had been using the most recent Creator Ready Driver (v419.67), but when I started experiencing the crashes I tried installing the most recent Game Ready Driver (v430.64, and then v430.86 today) to see if that would fix it, but no luck.

I wasn't having these issues until I updated Premiere from version 2018, so I'm guessing that's the problem, but now I'm pretty deep into the project I'm currently editing and can't go back to 2018 without starting over again.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Asus Sabertooth X79 Mainboard

Core i7 4930K CPU

32GB RAM

Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Turbo GPU

2TB SSD (OS)

8TB Raid 10 (Storage)

Corsair 750W PSU

Premiere Pro CC 2019 (v13.1.2)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , May 27, 2019 May 27, 2019

Since I needed to try and get to the bottom of this issue ASAP, I headed out to Best Buy and purchased an RTX 2060 to see if that fixed the problem. So far I've been editing for over an hour and haven't had another crash yet. Before, every time I would try to apply the Neat Video Noise Reduction plug-in, the computer would crash. Since installing the new GPU I've been able to apply it to multiple clips and render previews without any issues.

For now I'm going to say this has fixed my problem. If

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cpu is old and under powered.

An editing rig needs to be in balance.

Open a New Premiere Pro Project on an Older Version! Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply, Ann. I'll revert it back to a 2018 project. Although I'd love to sink a couple thousand into a new mainboard, CPU, and memory, I unfortunately don't have the time or money for that right now. So, you're saying my rig just can't handle Premiere Pro CC2019 with the exact same footage I've been editing in Premiere for the past several years without any trouble up to this point? Sounds more like a software issue in the new version to me, but what do I know.

Also, I have a secondary editor that has an even older core i7 CPU, less memory, and a GTX780 and it's not having any issues with Premiere Pro CC2019. Granted it's a little slower with video playback and rendering, but it hasn't crashed once with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's partly due to the fact that the i7-4930K has only 6 cores and 12 threads, but is also of the relatively inefficient Ivy Bridge E generation. A new mainstream 6-core/6-thread i5-9600K(F) is only slightly less powerful (slower) than that nearly six-year-old i7-4930K but would not have broken the bank. Heck, even an i5-9400F (if you don't plan to use Intel's QuickSync hardware H.264/H.265 encoding and you're planning to use a discrete GPU anyway) is almost as powerful as the i5-9600K, given its current ridiculously low price. (Of course, you will need a new motherboard and new RAM for those new CPUs.)

Now, the older i7 is almost always a 4-core, 8-thread CPU. Which generation is that CPU? First (Bloomfield/Lynnfield)? Second (Sandy Bridge)? Third (Ivy Bridge)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My secondary editor has an i7-2600K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.4GHz and 16GB of RAM. Like I said, it's definitely not as fast as my main editor but it hasn't crashed with PPro CC2019. I had planned to upgrade my main editor this year, but my wife was just diagnosed with Leukemia and we have had to cut back on any expenses, so it's on the back burner at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Your cpu is old and under powered.

An editing rig needs to be in balance.

Open a New Premiere Pro Project on an Older Version! Windows

Thanks again for that video link, Ann. I've been editing on the same project for about an hour now after reverting it back to CC2018 and it hasn't crashed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I spoke too soon. It just crashed on me while applying a Neat Video Noise Reduction filter. At this point I'm thinking my GTX 1080 has a hardware issue that's causing it to crash. I will probably send it in for repair, but I really can't deal with any down-time right now, so I might have to spring for another GPU. Are the RTX series worth stepping up to at this point? Are they beneficial for video editing or would I be better off with the GTX 10 series?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neat video is very cpu intensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Ann+Bens  wrote

Neat video is very cpu intensive.

So you think it's an issue with my CPU rather than my GPU? I've been using Neat Video for years now without any crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I needed to try and get to the bottom of this issue ASAP, I headed out to Best Buy and purchased an RTX 2060 to see if that fixed the problem. So far I've been editing for over an hour and haven't had another crash yet. Before, every time I would try to apply the Neat Video Noise Reduction plug-in, the computer would crash. Since installing the new GPU I've been able to apply it to multiple clips and render previews without any issues.

For now I'm going to say this has fixed my problem. If it crashes again, I'll post an update. Thanks for the responses Ann and RjL. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade my full rig before the end of the year. I may ask you for some hardware suggestions.

UPDATE: Swapping out the GPU did fix the problem. I was even able to go back to Premiere Pro 2019 and haven't experienced any crashes in the past couple of weeks of editing 6-10 hours a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this exact thing, but I have a Titan RTX because I also do 3d work.  I don't really want to chuck my workstation grade graphics card that I use for doing 3d renders because of my editing program.  Are there any updates on this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP ADOBE!

Since June/July the computer reboots when I edit in Premiere or render in Encoder.  The crazy part is I can edit in AE and PS with no isses or any of my other programs. It's just Premiere and Encoder.  HELP!

(All software on the graphics card, Windows and Adobe are up to date as of this posting)

It does not matter if the content is 4K, 2K. P2, XDCam, MT2. the system just reboots.  I took both systems Intrex Computers, who have been building my editing systems for 10yrs. to go over it and fix it. They said the system is solid and there is a software issue with Adobe. "wait for an update" Which I did and it's current.

At the moment I am using the systems "software" graphics and I am at a loss to how to fix this. 

I have two systems. One is my MAIN system and the other is a backup in the event of a system crash. I edit TV commercials and TV shows.

System Detail

Windows 10 Pro

Processor: Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40Ghz  3.40 Ghz

RAM: 16.0 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating, x64-based processor

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 & 970 (on the backup system)

The render times are killing me....Help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm having this exact same issue.  I'm on latest 2020 Premiere.  With a AMD Ryzen 5 1600 6 Core, and a Radeon RX 480 graphics card.  It'll work fine for 20 minutes, hours, or minutes, then randomly whole system will crash.  I'm currently working in "Software Only" to get through an edit.  You think graphics card needs to be replaced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues as well.  Sapphire Radron RX 580 with 2 x 3.46GHz intel chips. 128gb RAM on 2020 Premiere. I've narrowed it down to when I render or play over images that are larger (2,000 x 1,000) and my computer will completely crash. I've been editing in Software Only as well as a fix but it is much slower. 

Adobe, what is the fix to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced my graphics card with a cuda enabled card and I haven't crashed once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I considered doing this but I enjoy my RX580. I believe I found my fix as I have not had any issues in the past week. Under General Settings where you can choose the video and rendering options, I switched from Metal to OpenCL and everything has been working flawlessly. After doing some research and digging around, my GPU wasn't doing anything when it came to rendering which means the brunt of the workload fell on the CPUs. My CPU's would be maxed out and after a certain duration of time being maxed out, the Mac would shut down even though the tempertures had not risen. After swithcing to OpenCL, the CPU's haven't had to work as hard and things are rendering and exporting flawless in quick times. If I do end up getting a new GPU with Cuda, I will switch to the Metal setting as I've read that option is meant for CUDA GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines