Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC2020 very slow to start up

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Premiere Pro CC2020 had been running fine until today. Now it takes up to 5 minutes to start up (i.e. the splash screen appears frozen for that long before the program launches). Any idea why this could be? Thank you.

Regards

Layla 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're going to have to add some information. Win or Mac, that type stuff. Are you clicking a project file to open PP or a plain shortcut to the execuble? Do you have any helpful info for us...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, upgraded to 2020 and Premiere loads all Media Core plugins one by one every time. 2018 would do this occassionally after preferences reset, but otherwise took seconds to open. 2020 takes minutes every time.

Mac 10.14.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, I have jsut reinstalled it to see if it is better after the initial open.  When uninstalling I didn't let it save preferences so will let you know how it goes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I update to the CC2020 the same issue happened 

My computer setup :

HP Z420 Workstation

CPU: Xeon E5-1620 v2

RAM:32GB

VGA card: Quadro K2000

SSD: 512G+3T HDD

all drivers are the latest version

All  adobe apps installed in SSD 

I have both Premiere Pro 2018 v12.1.1 and 2020 v14.3.1

The startup time of CC2020 is almost four times that of CC2018

CC2018 startup takes about 30s-1min.

but CC2020 almost take about 5 min.

I am very sad and regret

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 2020 - booting direct, not from a project file takes 20 secs, first boot of the day and about half that when it's been started before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue,

Latest Premiere Pro : 14.4.

MacOS : 10.15.5

Macbook Pro 16Gb RAM

Quad Core 3.1GHz, Intel i7

Adobe support - please help??

Before the latest update, Premiere Pro would load up fast.   Now it seems to be caching EVERYTHING in EVERY TIMELINE - and while building this cache, it exceeds the Memory Allocation too

Consumes ALL AVAILABLE SYSTEM RAM (16Gb), forces the O/S into swapping to disk, which ultimately brings the O/S to a crawl.

Adobe Support has been unable to provide any useful insights -

I uninstalled/re-installed the Application

purged my ~Documents/Adobe folders, (and essentially starting with a fresh), also getting rid of any unwanted Custom presets.

Still the same results.

Not only does it hang up to minutes to open a project, anything todo with timeline scrubbing, adding/removing clips (drag/drop) clips to the timeline, takes forever.  Cursor stops moving, and just overall poor system performance.

Playback of timeline (1080) stalls...on playing - and takes forever to respond to the "play/stop" instructions.

Essentially the product is USELESS at this time.

Oh - and Premiere Pro and associated CEPH processes will consume all available CPU (in my case up to 700%) according to the system monitor.  (Quad core)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pretty much exactly what I'm experiencing. Have a beast of a machine. Spent hours with an Adobe expert online. Only thing he can think of now is reinstalling Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how that's a realistic diagnosis, and/or remediation step?  It's as good as to say, you have to purchase new H/W.  Aren't there any knowledgable performance engineers at Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, he did run through a long checklist of other potential causes, but nothing worked, so reinstalling windows is kind of a last throw of the dice.

I could actually put up with the programme loading slowly (I'm not even opening a project), but the timeline response in PP 2020 is so bad it's literally unuseable. And it's strange because the same clip on the same version of Premiere works more or less fine on my much smaller, slower and older windows laptop. So, maybe it is something to do with the installation on the desktop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a pure O/S engineering perspective, re-installing an O/S is a pretty drastic step - something which should be a last resort - especially given the cost of that operation - backup everyting, delete, loss of all the time spent installing apps, etc etc..  it's a really expensive step to eliminate /identify a perf bottleneck of sorts, and it leaves us with no real answers as to what actually went wrong.

But then again - it's Windows...  the process would be much different on another O/S platform such as MacOS  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way to go about that though is to purchase a new SSD. Replace the one in the computer with the new one, put on Windows, then PP and see what you get. If you like it and it's worth it, then install your other programs, and you can put the current drive in as a SATA drive or USB drive using an inexpensive adapter. Then you have all your files as they were. You can also put in the current drive to boot up and check things, the go back / forth with the new drive.

If it doesn't improve sufficiently then you have another drive for backing up, storing projects assests etc or your next build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the reality. 

Previous versions of the application worked just fine - why would it be necessary to re-configure the O/S?

What changed?  It's a clear indication of degradation in performance of the latest upgrade.   Why?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this before and have it again now in my latest Windows 10 environment. I don't remember who posted this but this may well help:

The straightforward solve to a slow launch of premiere pro, where premiere takes forever to launch on every open, updated to reflect CC19:

Delete the contents of your sweet media cache folders

Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common

HIT THE FOLDERS: Media Cache, Media Cache Files, Peak Files, Team Project Cache, PTX

I did the Media Cache Files folder today and it made little difference - however.....

Windows: \Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Common
or: %appdata%\adobe\Common

NOT SURE which windows folders, I'm sure similar to the mac sub-folders

I then did this bit - problem solved. Implies that this is an issue with the plug-in cache
Option-Shift (Mac) or Alt-Shift (Windows) when launching Premiere, press "OK" on dialog
Wait forever for the initial Premiere launch (launching as if after update, which takes forever)
Do an auto cache clean after launch just to be safe (Premiere Prefs-->Media Cache-->Delete Unused)
Quit
Re-launch is now, ¡finally! much speedier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY - DON'T DO THAT!

I did that. Premiere worked fine. I loaded another project and it crashed while rebuilding the cache. Rebooted - crashed again.

Back to square one 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yip - significant performance degradation  ..

My tech support session resulted in same - "Delete caches, and configurations" and try importing project again.

All that does, is just postpone the issue from -recurring and that's the best they can do.  The tech is not uninformed, but rather, not digging deep enough to re-produce and isolate the performance issue.

Another easy way to replicate the performance issue.   Do this A/B test.

New project, new sequence, standard settings.

Step 1:  Single Video track, and measure timeline view performance by scrubbing the playback head.  This works with any resolution

Step 2:  Drag another video track over the one in step 1, so that there is some overlap.

Step 3:  Repeat step 1, and observe the difference in scrubbing performance where the sections overlap vs. not.

Step 4: Now disable global FX, and repeat step 3.  Significant difference.

This is a clear indication of the rendering performance hit, and probably a very good lead to identifying the real issue.  I will write this up and make another thread - hopefully Adobe CS responds with some insights.  

Its' an inherent poor implementation, which resulted in the latest performance issue. 

The question then is : What does Adobe Premiere pre-production performance benchmark testing look like, and why don't they detect these very obvious standard use-case issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine started doing this about 3 days ago.  No rhyme or reason.  It hangs almost exactly five minutes and the AdobeIPCBroker.log is now showing the following.  The five minute delay corresponds to the time that the splash screen hangs at ImporterQuicktime.prm and when it finally starts:

2020-11-14 01:24:38:743 : ERROR INFO CSXSEventQueueManager::CreateEventQueueIfNotExist: create queue 9012.1605338678 (PPRO)...
2020-11-14 01:24:39:318 : ERROR INFO CSXSEventQueueManager::CreateEventQueueIfNotExist: create queue 17128.1605338679 (AWLH)...
2020-11-14 01:29:37:462 : ERROR INFO CSXSEventQueueManager::RemoveEventQueueByChannel: remove queue 9012.1605338678 (PPRO) for channel 1392...
2020-11-14 01:29:37:464 : ERROR vcfoundation::io::VCEndOfFile: WriteFile
race: 1 00205612
2 001FC4A1
3 0020D7FC
4 00206A17
5 00205A01
6 001FC94B
7 00233250
8 75EDFA29
9 772275F4
10 772275C4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having same issue.  Worked great on old PC - just got a brand new i9 and the same version of Prem/Encoder that was working OK on old PC takes forever to load on new PC (which has a lot higher spec then the old!)  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this on my computer. The issue was the anti-virus software. I have to manually override this everytime I start Adobe applications, which is a bit of a pain, but now Premiere, etc takes around 30 seconds to load instead of over 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines