Following a recent CC and Windows update my Premiere Pro refuses to work or let me do anything. I'm not sure if it was the Premiere update or the Windows update that broke things.
I can drag new video files into the project but I cannot scrub, use my arrow keys to jump between the cuts/starts and ends of each clip, or even preview the media. When I try play the video file nothing happens either.
Every single time I try to close the program, it freezes and I need to end the task via Task Manager.
-I have restarted my machine multiple times
- I have logged out and in of my CC account
- I have launched the program while holding down alt to reset the preferences
- I have tried downloading previous versions (all respond the exact same), even as far back as V13.15
- All my apps and system stuff are updated
- I've tried opening previous working projects, which are all frozen now
- I've tried starting new projects, saving on different hard drives etc
- I've scanned my machine for viruses
Basically, I've tried everything I can think of and have no way of editing any content.