• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro could not find any capable Video Play Modules please update video display drivers??

Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windowa Laptop Specs:

HP Envy 14 Beats Edition Notebook PC

Windows 10

8GB Ram

Intel(R) Core (TM)i7-2630QM CPU @2.00GHz 2001 Mhz 4 Cores 8 Logical Processors 

Hi Community

I am video editor who has always and still does use Adobe Premiere Elements 9 which is compatible and works on my system but I wanted to upgrade to the new Adobe Pro as the video editing looks fantastic and great jump from elements 9 which I'm used to. So I've bought and paid for creative cloud and was looking forward to using Adobe Pro, at first it seemed to work okay I was using the tutorials to learn etc, I just went to use the software today and I can't access the software now I keep getting the following error message: 

"Premiere Pro could not find any capable Video Play Modules please update video display drivers"

I looked in the help section of Adobe and came across this regarding the driver message:

NVIDIA has publicly released windows ODE drivers that support the CUDA 9.2 SDK used in the latest release of Premiere Pro. This is not the Microsoft default driver, but you can download this driver directly from NVIDIA, Version 411.63 (of the 410 series drivers).

So I downloaded the NVIDIA driver and installed it and it said:

"NVIDIA Driver is not compatible with this version of Windows"

Could someone please advise me what to do? If there is anything I can do to use Adobe Pro on my system please or if its not compatible then obviously I will need to cancel my subscription until I can get the correct system to use the software.

All help and advice will be greatly appreciated thank you very much!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

My suggestion is to buy a new laptop. Even a $700 current-gen laptop will run much faster for Premiere Pro than your 9-year-old laptop ever can, in this case.

And your current laptop is completely incompatible with any of the Nvidia GPU drivers with CUDA support because your laptop does not have an Nvidia GPU at all. In fact, it does have a discrete GPU - but one from the former ATi, now AMD's Radeon Technologies unit. And it is one that's based on the now-obsolete Terascale 2 generation, whose

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated your windows OS? You may need to do it through the manufacturer of the laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean? I used the free update to windows 10 back when it was available so I'm now using the latest version of windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your laptop does not have a nvidia gpu card there is no point in installing the driver.

If I looked it up correctly your machine has a Intel® HD Graphics 3000 gpu which is 9 years old and guessing now obselete for Premiere Pro.

Your machine is way underpowered to run Premiere 2020 properly.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC System Requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks that clears things up then as I probably dont have the card so it was pointless installing the driver... I've had my laptop for 10 years I love it! Call me sad but I've become sentimental to it whether anything is out of date on it or not.... its worked amazing for me for so long but obviously as I have now found out my new hobby of video editing etc requires me to use the latest video editing software....

So basically I registered for Adobe Creative Cloud to use the latest version of Premiere Pro, I managed to edit and complete 1 new music video before this error message started appearing recently... I pay 50GBP a month to use Adobe Pro 2020 but now I can't access the software due to this error message... my Adobe 9 works just fine though so what would you suggest I do? I need to make the best videos I can.... Is there any way around the errors and be able to continue using Adobe Pro 2020 on my current laptop or is it out of the question and should I cancel my creative cloud subscription and stick with Adobe 9 on this laptop but look for and buy a new laptop capable of using Adobe Pro 2020? And what is the best recent modern model laptop you could recommend to me for music production and video editing capable of running adobe 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann stated, Sandy Bridge (as far as Adobe is concerned) is now obsolete. Intel had already completely ended all driver support for Sandy Bridge (while at the same time placed all driver support for Ivy Bridge, Haswell and Broadwell into "Legacy" status) back in 2018. This affects QuickSync decoding in Premiere Pro. And the Sandy Bridge IGPs never supported OpenCL or any other GPGPU processing at all, so you'll be permanently stuck with software-only rendering no matter what.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if its obselete then is it safe to say its impossible to run Adobe 2020 on my current laptop? If it is then I best cancel my Adobe Creative Cloud monthly subscription to save myself 50GBP a month... Should I just stick with Adobe 9 to make videos which works fine on my current laptop? Or would you suggest I buy a new laptop to run Adobe 2020 and if  so then any makes/models you would recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suggestion is to buy a new laptop. Even a $700 current-gen laptop will run much faster for Premiere Pro than your 9-year-old laptop ever can, in this case.

And your current laptop is completely incompatible with any of the Nvidia GPU drivers with CUDA support because your laptop does not have an Nvidia GPU at all. In fact, it does have a discrete GPU - but one from the former ATi, now AMD's Radeon Technologies unit. And it is one that's based on the now-obsolete Terascale 2 generation, whose driver support had been placed into "legacy" status at AMD back in 2015.

And whatever you do, I will suggest discontinuing the use of Premiere Elements 9 once and for all, since it does not have any hardware acceleration whatsoever while being strictly 32-bit. And nobody is interested in supporting any 32-bit-only software any more. The entire software industry is now requiring full 64-bit support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay so can you please suggest to me the best type of laptop to go for? What is the best Make and Model for a modern laptop to run Adobe Pro 2020? 

Also if I was to get myself an Apple Mac for the best latest video editing and music poduction software such as adobe 2020 and Logic Pro what type/make and model laptop Mac should I get? Or is it better to get the whole Mac PC instead of a Macbook?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worst of all, the Sandy Bridge IGP is not officially compatible with Windows 10 at all. Intel had completely ended all support for Sandy Bridge before Windows 10 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines