Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules

May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial of Premeire Pro CS6 today, and after I launched the application, it said "premiere pro could not find any capable video play modules".

Tried again, no luck.

My graphics card is at the latest driver that HP has out.

What should I do before I give up?

HP DV7t Quad 17'' Laptop

i7 2720

AMD Radeon 6770HD (Switchable Graphics)

8GB Memory

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

I was able to resolve this problem on a laptop. In the AMD control panel, the main GPU selected was the Intel integrated video card that come with the processor instead of the more powerfull AMD video card.

So, for those of you out there that have an Intel processor with the integrated GPU, make sure adobe premiere isn't using the Intel GPU to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 115 Replies 115
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AVG is the issue behind this, I have tried everything for 2 hours before coming across the end of this thread. disable AVG and premiere pro will work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2016 Apr 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be in the Identity protection part of AVG.  With that function disabled, my Adobe apps started working again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. Spent all day trying to fix this. I did all the suggested options - re installs of software and graphics cards drivers. set battery usage to high performance, Backdated drivers for gpu. Eventually I disabled my AVG antivirus and boom everything works. I hope this helps some one else out there. I was really just about to give up hope.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am getting this error on Windows 10.1 64-bit. I don't have AVG at all, and I have tried disabling my Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Also updated my video drivers to the latest version, and tried re-installing Premiere. Nothing is working! Does anyone have an answer for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2016 Apr 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try disabling all antivirus software and not just firewalls. That is what worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddently, after year of use without doing anything:

"premiere pro could not find any capable video play modules"."

Are we serious? I've read ALL the solutions, tried as Administrator, re-installed Premiere CC 2015 and disabled Antivirus. NOTHING worked!

A whole bug can't be fixed by a company like Adobe??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO reply after 2 days?

Where is everybody here?

All solutions written here simply DON'T WORK!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2016 Nov 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Had Premier running fine on Thursday, came back in on Friday and just get the can not find Video Modules error. Tried reinstalling both premier and my Video Cards. Nothing. Updated everything, nothing. I can't do my job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had exactly the OPPOSITE experience.  I run 4 monitors off my desktop.  2 off a iGPU (intel chipset/mobo) and 2 off and AMD R9 280.  GPU.  Premiere will run ONLY when my primary monitor is one of the 2 driven by intel iGPU.  Premiere will NOT run when my primary monitor is one of the 2 driven by my much more capable AMD GPU.  I need my primary monitor to be an AMD-driven monitor when I run Premiere, and all other times for that matter.  All software, updates, and drivers and the very latest versions.  Tried all the steps on this help page https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/error---preludevideo-play-modules.html  ​Nothing works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think you need to update update (download & install) your intel hd graphics drivers. Please update your drivers and try again.

Below are instructions how to update drivers on Windows .

1. identify the manufacturer and type of your video card
    • open Device Manager: Start | Run | enter devmgmt.msc
    • open the Display Adapters drop-down; this will show you the installed video card:
      dm.PNG
  2. identify the device driver version
    • right-click on your display adapter entry and select Properties
    • click on the Driver tab; this will show you the driver version and date:
      da.PNG
  3. go to the device manufacturer's support site and download the latest driver
  4. follow the instructions on the manufacturer's support site

-----------

Thanks,

Larson Reever

Head Of Application Software Dept

C&C

California, USA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks larson this reaally helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My System: Windows 10 running nvidia GT 610

Solution for me was to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable

https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/D/F/6DF3FF94-F7F9-4F0B-838C-A328D1A7D0EE/vc_redist.x86.exe

When I tried to run the GPUSniffer.exe in the installation folder I got the error: MSVCP140D.dll is missing

When I tried running Premiere CC 2017 I got the error: premiere pro portable could not find any capable video play modules

I had also downloaded the nvidia driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error "MSVCP140D.dll is missing" indicates that you are missing a Visual C++ redistributable file. Follow the procedure below to ensure that you have all necessary C++ libraries installed.

1. Under control panel > Programs and Features, uninstall every program that starts with "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable."
  2. To gain access to the Visual Studio C++ Redistributable files from Microsoft (guaranteed to work), create a VisualStudio Account and subscribe to Visual Studio Dev Essentials. It's free, and it'll provide you access to the downloads you need.
  3. Go to the "Downloads" tab and search each of the following items. You will need to download and install each of these individually as they have the same file names:
  • Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
  • Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
  • Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
  • Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
  • Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x86)
  • Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable (x64)
  • Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable (x86)
  • Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable (x64)
  • Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)
  • Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (x64)
  • Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)
  • Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)
  • If you are operating on a 32-bit system, then only install the x64 versions. 64-bit systems require both the x86 and x64 versions.

4. After double checking that all redistributables are installed (compare those installed in "Programs and Features" to the above list), restart your computer.

5. Open Premiere-- if you receive an error message upon startup, such as "the program can't start because MSVCR130.dll is missing from your computer," this means that you are lacking a redistributable, which in this example are the 2013 ones as indicated by the 13 in the file name.

The following websites were the ones I initially obtained guidance from, however the links in the Autodesk site are broken for a few of the downloads (hence the need for a VisualStudio Account):

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-winapps/the-program-cant-start-because-m...​ (This one addresses your error message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having the problem...
Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play module.
I tried everything like updating my drivers, reinstalling the product. Nothing works.

I have a desktop PC, AMD Radeon 7850 GPU( with latest drivers, 16 Gb ram nd i5 processor.
Any solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried reinstalling your Visual C++ Libraries? If not, I highly recommend following the procedure in my comment above yours. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried that too... the whole C++ libraries were reinstalled and they are working fine. Still this error with Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines