Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Crash System when importing Canon R5 Footage

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Reporting this on behalf of a friend, but I've been able to reproduce the issue on my system.

Using the latest version of Premiere 14.4.0 (build 38), whenever I try to import R5 footage (in this case 4K 25p 4:2:2 10-bit HEVC) the system freezes on the import progress bar, then hard powers off.

My system is a 2019 Mac Pro 16-core, 96GB RAM and AMD W5700X graphics. Not sure on the full spec of my mates Mac but it's a 2014 iMac Core i7. Both are running macOS 10.15.7.

Anyone else experiencing this and has a remedy?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couple of extra things. Just realised 14.5 is the latest, which my mate is running, so seems to affect both for us.

Also it's crashing on his 2019 MacBook Pro with the i9 and Vega 20 graphics. His iMac 2014 isn't crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same issue and I'm using the iMac Pro 2017.  Glad to find out it's the R5's videos that caused it to crash and freeze.  Let's wait and see how long it takes Adobe to fix this.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another weird thing is if I force quit my Premiere pro the computer them become extremely lagging and slow, but the CPU and memory used seems fine. The only thing I can do is to restart the computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere pro version 13 works perfectly fine 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know, it's been a while since I've used Premiere regularly for editing (switched years ago), are you able to open a project for 14.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. It took me a bit to figure out it was from importing R5 footage. It completely crashes my mac.

I have an iMac Pro 2017 with 128gb ram, running version 14.5 of premiere pro. It is very frustrating to say the least because I am working on deadlines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same issue.

Brand new 2020 iMac, fully spec'd out .. crashes only on R5 footage, full reboot.

Any answers from Adobe on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just rolled back to version 14.3 and it seems to work. So currently just waiting for them to fix in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Mbp 16" 2019 2.8ghz 8 core i9 running premiere 2020. Spent 8 hours with adobe support on this. Their conclusion was it was my macbook and to take it to apple for support. 😡

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

qwert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Adobe has sinces release a Premiere update (14.6), has this helped anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried it just now just for you. Constant kernel panics. I can't even have
my project file open with all the bins closed and nothing but a 1080 60fps
clip in the timeline. Bullocks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had a quick go on 14.6

Only done a quick bit of colouring and editing, but so far so good. This is on the latest iMAc fully spec'd out .. was crashing on 14.5 though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines