Highlighted

Premiere Pro Crash when switching text language

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adoby community,

I have been extremely frustrated with the newest update of Premiere Pro. I do videos in multiple languages where I have to add English, Thai and Chinese text in the same video for translation purposes. Since the update, every time I try to put text in anything but English, the program crashes. I usually just click on the Text Toolbox then switch the keyboard to Thai/Chinese. But now, the moment I attempt to switch keyboard languages, it crashes. I have tried re-downloaded the version before the most recent update and it works fine but without the latest update it can have some issues with file conversion. It's also extremely tedious to go type it in Word or Translate then copy it over; I'd prefer that the program actually worked. If anyone is having a similar issue or knows how to get around it please let me know. I'm attaching a screenshot of the message I receive everytime I try switching languages right before it crashes.

Topics

Crash, Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Crash when switching text language

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adoby community,

I have been extremely frustrated with the newest update of Premiere Pro. I do videos in multiple languages where I have to add English, Thai and Chinese text in the same video for translation purposes. Since the update, every time I try to put text in anything but English, the program crashes. I usually just click on the Text Toolbox then switch the keyboard to Thai/Chinese. But now, the moment I attempt to switch keyboard languages, it crashes. I have tried re-downloaded the version before the most recent update and it works fine but without the latest update it can have some issues with file conversion. It's also extremely tedious to go type it in Word or Translate then copy it over; I'd prefer that the program actually worked. If anyone is having a similar issue or knows how to get around it please let me know. I'm attaching a screenshot of the message I receive everytime I try switching languages right before it crashes.

Topics

Crash, Editing, Effects and Titles, Error or problem, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here this is frustrated . 😞 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right??? I'm super frustrated. So far to get around it I've just been typing in Microsoft Word or Google Translate then copy/pasting it onto Premiere Pro and that seems to work but it's super tedious. 😪

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about this issue. We're aware of a similar issue where Premiere Pro is crashing with the South Asian fonts. This issue is being addressed in our beta releases and will be available in a future stable release. If required, you may download Premiere Pro (Beta) version from the Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if it's working properly. Here is more about the Public Beta apps.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines