PREMIERE PRO CRASHED FOR THE LAST TIME

Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE HOW PROFESIONALS WORK IN THIS PROGRAM. I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY IS STILL IN BUSINESS. I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 2 WEEKS. LITTERALLY WATCHING EVERY YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THE PLANET ON HOW TO PREVENT PREMIERE PRO FROM CRASHING AND FREEZING.

MY COMPUTE HAS BEYOND THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. I HAVE A $3,500 SERVER WITH 32TB STORAGE CAPASSITY with Fire Cuda Drives Read Speed 700 Write Speed 1950

64gb Ram on my 2020 IMAC 8g Rx 580 ... and a 2nd Break away box with another Radon RX 580.

Ive made the lowest Res Proxy Files.

Ive Cleared my Cashes

Ive Remade Projects.

I Deleted all my mogrt files.

Premiere is Always Up todate.

My frame rates all match

Im connected to my server with a Thunderbot cable AND Cat8 Ethernet

I have the ASUS $600 Rapture ROUTER with 600g Down and 40 Up

I could go on for days. Sucks spending 5 years working in a program to master it but after watching one YouTuber after another make the SWITCH TO DR or FCP. IM OUT.

ADOBE GET YOU CRAP TOGETHER BEFORE YOU LOOSE EVERYONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. WE ARE ALL SO FEED UP WITH PREMIERE.

ILLUSTRATOR OFF THE HOOK

AFTER EFFECTS 95% OF THE TIME IS GREAT

HECK EVEN ANIMATE CC I DIDNT HAVE A SINGLE ISSUE ON A MAC BOOK

PREMIERE PRO YOU COULDT PAY ME TO USE AGAIN

[Please do not use Capital Letters, considered shouting and unpleasant to read.. MOD]

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

PREMIERE PRO CRASHED FOR THE LAST TIME

Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO CLUE HOW PROFESIONALS WORK IN THIS PROGRAM. I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY IS STILL IN BUSINESS. I HAVE SPENT THE LAST 2 WEEKS. LITTERALLY WATCHING EVERY YOUTUBE VIDEO ON THE PLANET ON HOW TO PREVENT PREMIERE PRO FROM CRASHING AND FREEZING.

MY COMPUTE HAS BEYOND THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS. I HAVE A $3,500 SERVER WITH 32TB STORAGE CAPASSITY with Fire Cuda Drives Read Speed 700 Write Speed 1950

64gb Ram on my 2020 IMAC 8g Rx 580 ... and a 2nd Break away box with another Radon RX 580.

Ive made the lowest Res Proxy Files.

Ive Cleared my Cashes

Ive Remade Projects.

I Deleted all my mogrt files.

Premiere is Always Up todate.

My frame rates all match

Im connected to my server with a Thunderbot cable AND Cat8 Ethernet

I have the ASUS $600 Rapture ROUTER with 600g Down and 40 Up

I could go on for days. Sucks spending 5 years working in a program to master it but after watching one YouTuber after another make the SWITCH TO DR or FCP. IM OUT.

ADOBE GET YOU CRAP TOGETHER BEFORE YOU LOOSE EVERYONE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. WE ARE ALL SO FEED UP WITH PREMIERE.

ILLUSTRATOR OFF THE HOOK

AFTER EFFECTS 95% OF THE TIME IS GREAT

HECK EVEN ANIMATE CC I DIDNT HAVE A SINGLE ISSUE ON A MAC BOOK

PREMIERE PRO YOU COULDT PAY ME TO USE AGAIN

[Please do not use Capital Letters, considered shouting and unpleasant to read.. MOD]

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been issues reported with systems with multiple graphics cards.  You might try working without the second card... And working with a media on a server can be difficult.  Avid's got that markert pretty much locked down...  And working with the latest version is not always ideal.  You can have multiple versions of Premiere on your system...   This forum is a great place to find help and work thru these sorts of issues...  oh, I forgot, you're not working in Premiere anymore.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand it. I've tried Everything under the sun. I've tried working for months now and the constant loss in time is beyond frustrating. When premiere stays running it's the Holy Grail but I just got a taste of DR and I must say it's pretty amazing. It deff needs some work and a few small improvements would go a very long way but I think it's just because I'm so used to premiere pro, I had a tough time with premiere are first and now I'm fly in it. Except when I edit go pro footage and this last week's month has been SO BAD.  I might try switching back to 2019 vs tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions. I'd have to spend a good 7-14 days learning DR to get halfway where I'm at in premiere. Just trying to decide if the lost time will add up or if premiere will fix these issues

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've stuck to version 14.3 (most stable for me) and everything has been butter. When I come on this forum after a release and see 50 posts of how Premiere is another pile of crap, I just wait. Some systems can't handle the changes and they seem to be in between stuff in some areas.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 1
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate your comments. Which OS are you running, Graeme?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you ingesting your GoPro footage as GoPro Cineform? Native GoPro video and Pr don't get along very well at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan,

Sorry, do you saved any crash reports? I can forward those along. Your situation sounds frustrating. I would try unplugging everything and doing a test with a brand new project. I'm having no problems on my Macs so it should be working OK. Are you still on Catalina or Big Sur?

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2020 0
Participant ,
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a hard time with premiere too, every update in 2020 has been worse. I have to kill the app in task manager several times a day now.  Hangs hangs and hangs all day, i so frustrated. 2018 was amazing and 2019 had usefull features added but 2020 is a joke performance wise. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0
Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so why aren't you working in 2019?  I haven't had any serious issues in 2020 on both my macs and windows machines, but because I provide support for a number of clients who are stil working in 2019, I still have that on my systems (and actually 2017 and 18).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 17, 2020 0