Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system specs are:

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel i9

128 GB DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

macOS Big Sur 11.3.1

I have lowered my screen resolution, decreased my playback video to 1/4 quality, disabled all video tracks except the one I'm working on, and yet the app freezes and crashes my computer. On reboot, I'm lucky if I get to open the app back up before another freeze and crash.

I spoke with Apple Support twice today and they said there might be a compatibility issue between Adobe and macOS. A simple google search prooves I'm not the only one with this issue.

It's extremely frustrating to pay $$$$ for a mac & $$ for Adobe CC and be told it doesn't play nice. I'll tell that to my client when they start wondering why their project isn't completed.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

Sorry about this. My Macs are all running Premiere just fine. Have you tried a new project yet? What kind of media are you using? Have you done any troubleshooting like trashing media cache with all projects closed? How about trashing preferences. Tried that? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

Yes, I did trash media cache and preferences. And the current project I'm working in is a new project. As for media, I'm working mostly with Zoom video records ranging from 3584x2240 resolution down to 1280x720. Frame rates also vary from 60, 50, and 25.

Apple support can't figure it out since I have no issues using other applications. And my system and video card should be big enough to handle 5 tracks of video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin, here's a question that just popped into my head.

The footage I'm using is mostly from zoom recordings. Do you think if I transcode the footage to ProRes codec, it may be the trick to get Premiere working properly on my iMac? Thinking that if the footage isn't in the apple codec, this could be (or one of) the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

try Handbrake to transcode your zoom recorded footage for now,

if they are variable frame rates, switch it to constant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines