• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashes on everything

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open premiere and the second i click anything it crashes. I cant click file, edit, new project, nothing. Help please im getting tired of your program not working.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried, it doesnt work, ive even reset windows, all this and still nothing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vitalacco!

Sorry for the crash. Can you share the following information?

• What are your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)?
  • Can you try launching an app as an administrator? Right-click on the app icon > Run as administrator

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

os is 19043.1052, ryzen 5 1600 six core cpu, 16gb ram, and rx 570 4gb gpu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

• Hold down the Shift+Alt keys and launch Pr from a shortcut (desktop, Start Menu).
  • Keep the keys pressed until you see the main program window.
  • DO NOT open a project just yet.
  • Go to Preferences>Media Cache and click the Delete button next to Remove Media Cache Files.
  • Choose to delete *all* media cache files.
  • Now try and open a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant click preferences, once i click it it crashes. also ive tried shift and alt before, might just leave premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try running as an admin like Kartika recommended? Did Pr do anything at all different?

Also, can you run other Adobe apps without problems? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can run photoshop just fine, also i did try running as administrator. it didnt help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers. 

Try updating or rolling back your AMD video driver. Use whatever "clean install" method they have available. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, any reccomendation on how far i should roll back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure you have the most recent driver from the AMD website. If not, update to that one.

If you are current, I would start with 2 versions back. No joy? Go to 4 versions back. You get the idea.

If you get all the way to 6 versions back or more, then the driver is probably not the culprit.

Stop when you find one that works. Try the next most recent from that one so that you are updated as much as you can be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nowq im having trouble rolling back drivers, i really cant be asked 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ive clean installed drivers and that did nothing, should i just reset windows or something im so fustrated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When any program crashes as soon as you click in the app window, it usually indicates a very low-level hardware or system conflict. It's usually display drivers that cause it, but audio hardware, disk drive controllers, anti-malware, and so on can contribute to the problem. 

Are there any on-board graphics on your motherboard? Disable them if there are.

I understand your frustration! Hopefully we can get this working for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont think so, i do noitce that my speakers arent showing up in device manager. neither is my rx 570, it says microsoft basic display adapter. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get those problems fixed before trying to get Pr to work. The missing graphics adapter and the missing speakers are significant system issues that need to be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, update time. i fixed the rx 570 drivers, they are back. I cannot however load premiere pro still. but the drivers and speakers are back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With that fixed, try clearing the media cache like I described above again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

doesnt seem to be working either, only have a couple days left of tiral aswell, it snot looking good

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines