Premiere Pro Crashes on Startup

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open Premiere and never see anything load in the splash screen. No plugins or anything, then I get a popup to send a report to Adobe for the crash and that's it.

I have recently purchased and downloaded Red Giant Universe plugins, and I think that's the issue. Uninstalling them and Premiere didn't help. I had to Factory Reset my Windows 10 computer to get Premiere working again. It worked for multiple sessions. I downloaded Red Giant plugins again and it continued to work for a couple of sessions. But now, after 9 or so hours of not touching Premire, it crashes every time I try to start up.

How can I fix this, and is it the plugins? It's been a week of problems with Premiere and I just wanna get my money's worth. Tried all the fixes I could find in these forums.

I can run Photoshop just fine, if it counts for anything. Maybe my computer is just getting old, but I should at least be able to OPEN Premiere.

16GB of RAM

Radeon RX 5700 XT

Intel Core i5 - 7500

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im getting the same issue and cant get through to Adobe...It's not good enough for a premium product. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if your problem is not related to redgiant plug-ins, start a new thread.  

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me it sounds like you've clearly identified the issue as Red Giant Universe. What Premiere version are you using? Are you sure that version of RGU is even compatible with your version of PR? If the issue doesn't happen with RGU installed, then you are at the mercy of them creating an update.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines