Highlighted

Premiere Pro crashes when I try to open it on iMac Pro with macOS Catalina.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my computer has been on/idle for a while Premiere will not launch. The app launch screen starts but it eventually crashes. If I do a fresh restart of my computer and immediately launch premiere after I restart my computer, then it launches fine. I don't want to have to restart my computer eveytime I want to use Premiere.

What I've tried so far (from looking at other support threads):

• Double checked all the read/write permissions on several different folders related to premiere

• Changed Premiere settings to not scan my audio plugin folders.

• Uninstalled premiere completely and reinstalled.

• Uninstalled premiere again, along with media encoder and after effects

• Remove a file called: SharedTag.json

None of these worked.

My system:

iMac Pro 2017

3 ghz 10-core Intel Xeon

128 GB ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB ram

Initially I thought it might be my audio plugins which I have about 600+ installed, but like I mentioned above I changed Premiere so it won't scan those directories, and it still has issues.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro crashes when I try to open it on iMac Pro with macOS Catalina.

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If my computer has been on/idle for a while Premiere will not launch. The app launch screen starts but it eventually crashes. If I do a fresh restart of my computer and immediately launch premiere after I restart my computer, then it launches fine. I don't want to have to restart my computer eveytime I want to use Premiere.

What I've tried so far (from looking at other support threads):

• Double checked all the read/write permissions on several different folders related to premiere

• Changed Premiere settings to not scan my audio plugin folders.

• Uninstalled premiere completely and reinstalled.

• Uninstalled premiere again, along with media encoder and after effects

• Remove a file called: SharedTag.json

None of these worked.

My system:

iMac Pro 2017

3 ghz 10-core Intel Xeon

128 GB ram

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB ram

Initially I thought it might be my audio plugins which I have about 600+ installed, but like I mentioned above I changed Premiere so it won't scan those directories, and it still has issues.

TOPICS
Crash, Error or problem, Freeze or hang, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried some additional things with no success:

I uninstalled EVERYTHING Adobe (all apps, and all folders from user library and system library). I uninstalled Creative Cloud app. I ran Adobe Cleaner app. Restarted. Double checked nothing remained from Adobe on my system. Reinstalled Creative Cloud. Reinstalled Premiere. Launced premiere and it crashed on launch. Boo. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just a guess, but wondering if your "energy saver" preferences in system preferences is putting your hard drives to sleep and having problems waking them up.  try turning off "put hard disks to sleep when possible."  Now some hard drives will go to sleep regardless of this setting.  There is an app that will "ping" the hard drive regularly to prevent it from going to sleep.  If you think this is the problem, post back and I'll try and dig the name of the program out...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and just saw your mention of the audio plug-ins.  are you sure there are none that premiere is seeing?  you might want to install a plug-in manager.  I know Digital Rebellion has one that makes managing plug-ins very easy...

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/promaintenance/

I think there's a free trial...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2020 0