• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing during export

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Pro 15.2.0.35 keeps crashing to export video, which has nothing facing in terms of editing. I already removed all the graphics, audio mixing, music and etc and it is still closing in the middle of the exporting without an error message. This same project was already exported only once and now I don't know what is going on.

I already cleaned up the Media cache, clean my user temp files from windows. Uninstalled Premiere Pro removing the preferences and installed again. Tried also several different formats of file exporting and it is still crashing. I mean Why????? Also Why there is no error message? Just closes the software.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Memory: 32768MB RAM
DirectX 12
Gigabyte Nvidia 2060 Super Windforce OC

Please help, I have the log files!

TOPICS
Crash , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

I had to redo it because even though after found the clip which was causing me this issue, it was the main and the longest one of my footage. Moreover removing it was still causing me some issues for the rest of my sequence, and I don't know why. I only use plugins from adobe cloud or standard ones, such as default transitions available on the Premiere.

A new project from scratch using smart rendering worked for me, but on my understanding, I was unable to troubleshoot and actually fix the root c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are your source properties and sequence settings?  are any of your sources from a smartphone or screen recording?

if so, the problem may be that you have clips that have a variable frame rate

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All clips are from Go Pro 8 format 2.7k 59.94 frame rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe try smart rendering.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488?page=1

Do your sequence settings match your source clips?

If you have any problems during the smart render, render in sections to see if you can isolate the problem.

Sometimes a sequence can get corrupted. Creating a new sequence with the same settings and copying and pasting from the problematic sequence can sometimes solve the problem.  

Post back if none of this solves the problem and we can dig deeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update on the solution.

• Reinstall Adobe didn't work.
  • Switch for Nvidia studio driver instead game driver didn't work
  • Remove all adobe settings, didn't work.
  • Tried to render in several different formats including the lower quality didn't work as well as the matching source.
  • The new project by copying and pasting for the new sequence didn't work also.
  • Cleaning um wind temp files and media cached files from adobe also didn't work.

1. I got suspicious in one particular clip from my sequence and I almost got confirmed since handbrake.fr couldn't convert it.
  2. With that in mind I had to redo all my work for the third time, but now basically in a different workflow as I was pre-rendering all each clip from my sequence once I am done with the editing, by creating in and out and so on so forth.
  3. Since I am not a professional this was new for me, but I liked it.

By the end of the day, there is no solution at all since I worked myself around. If Adobe is unable to display an error message when crashes while is rendering, the log file should be more visible and clear to read and point which clip/plugin is causing the error. Yes, I used the same clip which was causing me issues and it passed.

Thanks for the answers and help on this post buts let's get improvements Adobe.

I am now definitely open to new video editing software.
Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with you on using a new editin software.  I can't even got to the export settings.  When I click File --> Export, nothing happens.  I can edit the video and do everything else on the within the software but once I try to click the Import or expot, I either get no reponse from the application or once in a while the export window will appear.  When I try and edit the file name, Premiere crashes.  

I've recreated the same video in Cyberlink Power directory and it works great.  

Hope you get this fixed Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the advantages of smart rendering is  that you are saving time when you export.  If you had problems rendering one clip, maybe that's the problem.  And don't understand why you're redoing all your work for the third time.  And are you using 3rd party plug-ins?  Gotta say although I have occasional  problems in premeiere they are no more frequent than I've had in avid and resolve (or fcp 1-7 back in the day).   Post back if you want to dig deeper and figure out what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to redo it because even though after found the clip which was causing me this issue, it was the main and the longest one of my footage. Moreover removing it was still causing me some issues for the rest of my sequence, and I don't know why. I only use plugins from adobe cloud or standard ones, such as default transitions available on the Premiere.

A new project from scratch using smart rendering worked for me, but on my understanding, I was unable to troubleshoot and actually fix the root cause of the issue where the only difference from the other clips on my sequence is actually the length, since all my clips where recorded from a GoPro as mentioned before, without changing the setting. 

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines