• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing entire computer

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I've never had an issue with Premiere Pro CC before but in the last couple of days, I'll be working on a project for about 5 minutes and then it will crash. Not only that, after force closing Premiere Pro, I can't open ANY applications on my computer; Chrome, Photoshop, nothing! It also won't allow me to open the project that I was working on. I restart my computer and everything works fine for a few minutes, but then again, crashes, force close, can't reopen project, and can't open any other applications. Anyone have any idea waht is going on?! Help! I can't keep having to restart my computer every 5 minutes just to edit for 5 minutes over and over. And I don't understand how it would have the effect of not being able to open any applications. I've tried scaling back to a previous version, but still the same problem. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. My pc (9900k, 2080ti, 32 gb ram) works well with everything but Premiere Pro freezes my entire PC at seemingly random times. Clean windows install, everything up to date, tried clean reinstalling creative cloud and all adobe apps.

Funny enough the pirated version DID NOT have these issues. I'm seriously thinking of asking for a refund....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We’re so sorry to hear about the application crash. Is there any error message after the crash? If so, share a screenshot with us.

Is there any specific action that triggers the crash? Share the workflow with us.

What are the system specs(OS, RAM, CPU, GPU)? What is the dot version of the application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the problem, we have to restart the pc by force....its freezes the Windows... Cant get any message, just try to play a video inside of premiere, and it freezes....just... same problem as Khris G.

I'm usin the last version of Premiere on W10 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue after the installation of the last Nvidia drivers. These drivers corrupt the communication between Premiere and the LAN network. Maybe you did the same updated I did recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yezzz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the drivers do you use and which graphics card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidea Studio 460.89

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia 1560 4GB - last update 460.89 12-01-2021*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue after the last Nvidia driver update. 32 GB Ram. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz 2070 Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same is true for me, I have an RTX 2060. I found a temporary solution, in video rendering and playback, disable GPU acceleration (CUDA)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have an Nvidia card, change your driver, probably rolling back to an earlier Studio driver version. The latest Nvidia driver and perhaps especially on the Game driver group is a potential cause here.

Also of course with potential graphics issues, you can check by changing the Mercury Acceleration option in the Project dialog settings to Software only. If that fixes the problem, it's a GPU issue.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines