• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing on startup for one project.

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

One of the projects I'm working on is causing PP to crash on start up. Every other project seems to be working fine. I've tried opening on various versions of PP. 

It first happened on this project when I tried to open it this morning. I went through the auto saves and found one that opened. Despite losing a few hours work I just got on with it. Now after working on it for a few hours it's doing the same thing. I don't have any weird plugins or anything happening in the project, literally just come cutting and moving clips around. I haven't imported any other media either. So the only thing different about the old auto save version that will open and the newer ones is moving things in the timelines. I have the crash report below nd any help would be appreciated. I'm worried that something is going on that will corrupt any other projects that I will be working on.

[Moderator note: we peer users are NOT engineers, and those crash logs are of no use whatever here. I removed that for  you so others will actually feel like reading the post. The engineers would see over on the UserVoice system.]

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Peru Bob. I gave this a go just before I saw this and it seems to be working grand now. A bit of an annoyance but hopefully this project might continue to work after saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peru Bob has the thing to do ... using the Media Browser panel in PrPro, navigate to and select the old project file. Right-click/Import.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines