• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro crashing when I open a new project

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have contacted Adobe Customer Care and after spending what seemed like hours with two different reps, Adobe just "closed" my case. 

Here's what is happening: Premiere is crashing when I try to change preferences, open a new project or basically use the top menu. My work-around? I have been opening footage in Rush (I am a paranormal investigator with the American Ghost Project and have tons of footage) and then re-opening the project in Premiere as a "saved rush project". 

I am able to render. And I have updated drives, Windows and the like. I built this pc to handle this type of work - I9 10850K Proc, 64 GB of RAM and a 1080 gpu (I realize the gpu is a little out-dated, but it should still have no issues with premiere). 

I am so lost and confused on this one. I am getting error codes like this one: Cluster API call failed with error code: 0x800706D9

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated - since Adobe themselves could not figure this out. I am about to unintall and reinstall windows, but I really don't want to do that. 

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider this issue self-resolved. I googled the heck out of the errors I was getting, and quickly realized there was a problem in my OS. 

Quick uninstall/reinstall, redownloaded Windows, updated all drivers and I am up and running like normal now. 

If anyone else has this issue, this IS the only fix! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines