Highlighted

Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update available

Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update is available. There are a lot of bug fixes in this update, as well as HiDPI functionality for Retina Display, some new supported GPUs, and Windows 8 certification.

See this page for details:

http://bit.ly/PremierePro602

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update available

Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.2) update is available. There are a lot of bug fixes in this update, as well as HiDPI functionality for Retina Display, some new supported GPUs, and Windows 8 certification.

See this page for details:

http://bit.ly/PremierePro602

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd.  So just to be clear (and prevent me needlessly rushing to update):

• No fix for the AVCHD spanned clips problem?

• No fix aimed at the major Mac crashes so obviously rooted in the CUDA accelleration?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Todd - you guys rock!!!!

Can't wait to get home and try it out!!

Ulf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last item on the list of fixes is for "various performance and stability improvements for CUDA and OpenCL". If you're having issues with CUDA, then you should definitely update.

There are no fixes in this update that are specific to spanned AVCHD clips.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Todd.  I updated.   I got the Serious Error dialog within around 10 seconds of enabling CUDA

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start a new thread with complete details of your issue if you're having problems. Since this is happening with CUDA, be sure to give complete details of driver versions, GPU, and OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your hard work.

However, I'm dissapointed that none of these are fixed in this update:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1019730

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was happy to notice that you've added GTX680 support. Thank you very much.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a very bad update. Since the 6.02 upgrade I have a lot of "serious error" messages and I've seen a huge performance degradation...

Ivan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I found the performance issue with 6.0.2 atleast so far that I am seeing are the Hyperthreading cores are not being utilized on Windows. I will list the registry changes below. Unfortunately these will not work on OSX.

I will also insert image so you can see the registry locations for each.

Type Regedit in the search. Go to the following location

HKey_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management

Change the Large System Cache from 0 to 1. Right Click on Large System Cache and select Modify. Change Value data from 0 to 1 and hit ok.

System Cache.jpg

The Core parking requires searching for the Following Registry Key.

0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583

- Go to Regedit

- Find this key by selecting Edit and then Find at the top:- " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "

- Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax "

- This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able

- Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero

- You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found - the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system

CoreParking.jpg

So Far the Playback performance after those changes is back to normal.

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric. I hope you let Adobe know about this wonderful fix. Im not comfortable enough with Windows to start mucking about at this level. Hopefully they will release an update that includes this fix ASAP!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to Include that you have to restart the system after you make those registry changes. Nothing changed in the registry is live until you restart.

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I can now scrub a Timeline of a RED sequence and see a bunch of frames go by.  This didn't happen before!  I used to drop frames like mad.  My CTI isn't jumping around for no reason.  The timeline plays when I hit play, and the CTi goes home the FIRST time (not the fifth) that I press the home key.

Yay! 

Sorry some of you are having crashes.

Thanks, Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing are the Hyperthreading cores are not being utilized on Windows.

Not seeing that here.  All threads are still fully utilized under 6.0.2.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

I am seeing are the Hyperthreading cores are not being utilized on Windows.

Not seeing that here.  All threads are still fully utilized under 6.0.2.

Here also all threads utilized.

/Ulf

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not seeing the Poor threading, what video cards do you have?

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so thrilled this update has fixed the bug I was experincing when I made 16 channel mono files into regular stereo. The files would play at very low levels in the source monitor but fine in the timeline. I'm extremely happy this has been fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not seeing the Poor threading, what video cards do you have?

GTX 460 and 560 Ti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My threading is normal as well. I'm using a GTX 570 on my work system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had another person report the threading issue and they have a 570GTX card. What Nvidia driver version are you both running and how much ram do you have installed? I received a report from a client with a 285M card on a laptop and their encoding performance increased by 3x. So this is definitely not across the board and is configuration specific.

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eric, I am having the same bad performance issue with Hyper Threading on my HP Z820 - GTX 570 system.

With the CUDA set to software I see all 32 threads active in the Task Manager

When I select CUDA hardware it drops down to 16 threads , which appears as every other thread is inactive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Driver 301.42 for me.  2GB on the 460 and 1GB on the 560 Ti.

How would any of this affect HT performance?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select CUDA hardware it drops down to 16 threads

That may not be surprising.  The whole point of hardware acceleration is to take the load off the CPU.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 64GB of ram on the system

I am running the GTX 570 with the System Driver 8.17.13.142 , Driver File Version  8.17.13.0142 and Familair Drive Version 301.42.. Memory for card is 1.25GB.Registry Frimware Version 70.10.55.0.1.

Info from the HP Performance Advisor

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't take the load of the CPU, it splits the load within a given time segment. If the CPU can handle more and the requests demand it then the CPU load will still remain high. The GPU acceleration however will allow exponential increase in the amount of data processed at one time so you process twice as much data in a microsecond versus the same data in the same time. That is the part people forget. The acceleration does not always mean half the load split equals less load. It often means processing more data by both in the same amount of time.

The observation Lasvideo has is the same I am seeing here. The Hyperthreading is not occurring when it was before with the exact same project loaded with 6.0.2. When I played this same project in 6.0.1 on this system the load scaled across all threads and it played smooth at 1/2 res or full res. In 6.0.2 it would no longer play smooth at 1/2 res and the CPU would still not use the HyperThreading Cores. When I changed the Playback res to full the playback was horrible barely handling 1 to 4 frames a second and yet the CPU load did not change nor did it thread any better. Increasing the scale from 1/2 to Full always increases the load on the CPU. However with 6.0.2 it did not do that at all. It simply degraded the playback further. To add to this, of the 6 threads actually processing only 1 or 2 were above 40% and those 2 did not peak at 100%. So the threading was not accurate to the load at all. When I made the changes to the registry, everything return to normal and the playback was smooth at 1/2 or full with threading across all cores and the CPU load relecting the change between 1/2 and Full Res.

I am looking for differences with the Caching by the current updates to the player effecting the CPU processing. Memory available or caching changes would effect the CPU threading like this. What I meant by memory was system ram. Thank you for the driver version. I am testing with 301.42.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

12GB on the Windows 7 system and 8GB on the Windows 8 system.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, This test system has 32GB of ram. My client who reported exponential increase in performance has 12GB. Lasvideo has 64GB. Will have to test a lower ram configurations. Thanks for the info.

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just let me know if there is anything else you need as you investigate this issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 16Gb of RAM, and my CPU is a 2500 i5  and my GPU's driver is 301.42. I'm going to test my other work and home 2600k system's that have a 570 and the other a 470 next because it's almost sounding like it affects machines with HT.

Very strange some people have issues and others don't.  It's starting to sound like it affects HT more than non HT cpu's  

I'm also willing to test on other hardware configs if needed Eric. Just let me know I have access to a i7 920 system with a 470 and also two i5 750's one with a 470 and the other with a 570 in it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only 6.0.1 no 6.0.2 from your links, I want to dowload once as I have a few machine to update.

Darren

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence but the Approved List of GPU's Really starts to look absurd when a 650M card is added to the supported list for Macbooks but the 670M, 675M, and 680M  are excluded even though they have equal or better specs but are PC laptops only. There is already enough confusion on the supported cards. This really just creates far more and looks silly.

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe moving to the MAC platform only...???

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God, I hope not.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim Simon wrote:

God, I hope not.

*like*

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further performance degradation. Rendering with CUDA degraded by more than 20%. Direct export by around 100%. Nice job.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, I got excited about true GTX680 support. However, there is no performance gain. Just like everybody else, I am experiencing performance degradation.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but this "update" is such a load of horse manure! Bug fixes? What fixes? You haven't fixed anything. All my projects are totally trashed, most audio is completely de-synced, mangled or playing from a different clip altogether; Mono clips show up as Stereo and play in random channels; audio is not showing up in video clip or I get static "shock" and yet the audio is there and all fine viewed in anything else (thank God for that at least); carefully applied Luma Corrector now suddenly produces some washed out crap. What in the blody hell Adobe, this isn't some damn OSS project, people pay good money for your crap for professional work and to make a living off of. And ... it now crashes even more frequently than before (and it was already pretty ridiculous). I'm facing 3 weeks of completely wasted time and I just want to curl up in some corner and cry.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where your Media Cache files are located? If so go there and then Select all and then delete them. Create a new project changing the Render and Playback mode to Software MPE. Go down to the Project bin and select import. Change the drop down to Adobe Premiere Pro Projects. Select one of the Projects that is messed up and then select import selected sequences. Just import 1 sequence. Doubleclick on that Sequence to open it in the Timeline. See how the Sequence audio looks and runs then after conforming is finished.

Eric

ADK

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines