• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere pro does not use 100% of the gpu when exporting

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I activated the hardware encoding to exports, but when exporting, Premiere does not use the GPU to the maximum, it reduces the export time but I see that it could use all the GPU to go faster and is not doing it, it starts with a 40% of GPU use and after a while it goes down to 20% or less, and it does not go up from there, does anybody know why this happens, and if it is possible to make it go as fast as possible? Thanks

My pc:

Cpu Intel i5 6600k oc 4.7GHz

Ram 16GB DDR4 2133MHz

Gpu Nvidia 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The GPU is not a replacement for the CPU, nor does it work in a vacuum, but as part of the entire system. Premiere will use the GPU for what it does, when the CPU gets to where it needs the GPU. The GPU is used for specific things in Premiere, use will go up when say Lumetri or Warp or some of the heavy GPU-using effects are in use, and down when no GPU-use effects are in use.

Othere limiting factors are having things on too few drives, so there is "competition" within the app to access/write to data on disc and RAM; having things on external discs with slower sustained read/write capability; having too few PCIe lanes or having things competing within those lanes; and also, at times a CPU that uses an onboard graphics chipset for part of its graphics functions.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines