• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro doesn't launch but states it's running in the task manager

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have previously used Premiere Pro many times on this PC but it has recently stopping moving past the initial start up window; I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, installing different versions, holding alt to wipe preferences and running as an administrator. Nothing moves it past the same point.

It gets stuck on "Loading MHPC_InitHelper.prm" every time.

This error occured before I tried updating it, I thought the update might do something different but it just did the same thing.

All other Adobe software work fine, only premiere doesn't, so I can't finalise projects like I normally would.

Any solutions? Reasons why not a single version works? Why did it previously work fine and why has it now randomly stopped?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clearing the plugin cache. You held down Alt to reset the prefs, now make sure all Pr processes are killed in Task Manager and launch Pr holding down Shift+Alt. The Shift modifier resets the plugin cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried this but it's still stuck in the same place as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any third-party plugins for Pr or other Adobe apps? Plugins that *didn't* come with Pr?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, I had a very similar issue and it was resolved by right clicking the Premiere icon and launching it as an admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

**This has worked** for me.. Premiere is now starting within 10 sec down from more than a minute.

Was facing the same issue where the screen was getting stuck at Loading MHPC_InitHelper.prm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

uninstalling software and re-installing it is not a solution, that's crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines