• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro - dual monitor problem

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having issues using a second monitor when using Premiere Pro CC. It has been working for a couple of years, until the last few days. Both monitors work with Windows 10,and all other software applications, but when I open PP CC, the second screen goes black and doesn't display anything, but the mouse cursor is visible if you move across it. The only things that could have changed are Windows updates or Graphics Card updates, it appears all are running the latest versions. I have checked in PP CC and the monitor boxes are still ticked in Preferences - Playback, as is the Enable Mercury Transmit box. 

Please can someone help me as I have a large project coming up and need the second monitor working ASAP. Thank you, regards, Peter

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you using the other monitor? Did you drag the edge of the PrPro 'window' over to the other monitor, or did you add a panel, and put that on the other monitor sized to the monitor?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for response. The PP CC is contained well within Monitor one. Usually when using PP CC the Programme window is replicated, but the video ony element as full screen in Monitor Two, to allow you to see exactly what the finished output looks like.

I haven't seperated panels or dragged anything to the second monitor. 

When using other applications I can utilize both screens, as I have always done. It is only using PP CC that things have changed recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean either simply moving the Program monitor panel to the other screen and setting that for full screen size, or the Transmit Out from the Preferences/Playback dialog?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay responding. The problem is from Transmit Out. I can drag the Program Monitor to the second screen. It also works from the Source Monitor, but not from the Program Monitor. It has to be something to do with a recent update, either Windows or Adobe, or maybe a driver update, as for months it has been working perfectly without any issues, unitl a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, that is bizarre! I've not heard of this before.

So the Source monitor can be on that screen, the program itself can be on that screen with the Program monitor working normally, but when selected from the Playback options in the Preferences for Transmit Out, and 'active', you get ... a black screen.

Just ... totally ... bizarre. Only things I can think of is one of the main things to check with odd visual behavior in PrPro. Make sure you're on a recent video card driver. If the card is an Nvidia card, make sure to use the Studio and not the game ready drivers.

As from your comments I'm assuming this happens on mulitple projects, well ... that leaves out some other typical problems.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines