Highlighted

Premiere Pro Effect Controls Slider not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ability to use the mouse slider to change things like position, scale, opacity etc. in Effect Controls has suddenly stopped working, meaning the only way I can change them is by typing new values in. This is, needless to say, hugely frustrating.

I have tried a hard reset of Premiere, and have also trashed my preferences - neither of these worked. I've read a couple of other threads on this issue, but neither really come to a conclusion that fixes the problem - can anybody help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Effect Controls Slider not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ability to use the mouse slider to change things like position, scale, opacity etc. in Effect Controls has suddenly stopped working, meaning the only way I can change them is by typing new values in. This is, needless to say, hugely frustrating.

I have tried a hard reset of Premiere, and have also trashed my preferences - neither of these worked. I've read a couple of other threads on this issue, but neither really come to a conclusion that fixes the problem - can anybody help?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 14, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Get Started

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 1
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload screenshots with the clip selected in timeline and Effects Control visible please. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 13.39.16.png

It's not specific to one clip, one sequence or even one project - it's happening with everything.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 1
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you click on these little arrows? When you click, the sliders should be.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 13.39.16.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah I'm talking about something slightly different - when you click and drag on the numbers themselves, that's what's not working for me. Those sliders still work but there isn't one for position, which is what I use the most.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh ok ok. That's very rare. Be shure that PrPro is up to date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue.  The mouse scrub works in After Effects but not Premiere.  Has been that way through all updates.  Every so often, if I click at just the right time/place, it allows me to scrub.  Otherwise, the box changes to allow a typed input only.  Have just been living with it but, as I use AE a lot more, it's getting frustrating to not have this option in PP.  Thanks for making this post. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 0
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any tablet/Wacom drivers installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I even installed an old version of premium pro same across the board. I just got a new Mac and new magic mouse and its really slowing down my work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 15, 2020 0
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that happen to me once. I didn't have my Num Lock on.  Try making sure that the keyboard Num Lock is on.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac so don't have a Num Lock...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/Premiere-Pro/FAQ-How-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-Premiere-Pro/td-p/...

If that doesn't work, try resetting the Workspaces:
Reset a workspace
Reset the current workspace to return to its original, saved layout of panels.
1. Do one of the following:
• Click the Workspace menu icon and select Reset to Saved Layout.
• Choose Window > Workspace > Reset to Saved Layout.
from here:
https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/workspaces.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 0
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any tablet/Wacom drivers installed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just signed up here. I'm having a similar problem, I need to scroll into the 60,000's all of a sudden to change pos. What would problem would tablet drivers be causing?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 11, 2020 0
Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen issues where Wacom input was somehow different from mouse input. As you can see from this thread, I asked on two diffrent occasions if they were using a Wacom tablet. I can only assume from the lack of replies that they stopped using their Wacom tablet, their issue was resolved and they forgot to follow back up.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently experiencing the same problem as described by jamiehosie above, and am running CC 2020 on a Macbook withouth a Wacom tablet.

Today is the first time I've ever experienced this--I edited with Premiere less than a week ago and don't remember running into any issues (although it was a simple project for my mom and I may not have even opened Effect Controls).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 20, 2020 0