• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Effect Controls Slider not working

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ability to use the mouse slider to change things like position, scale, opacity etc. in Effect Controls has suddenly stopped working, meaning the only way I can change them is by typing new values in. This is, needless to say, hugely frustrating.

I have tried a hard reset of Premiere, and have also trashed my preferences - neither of these worked. I've read a couple of other threads on this issue, but neither really come to a conclusion that fixes the problem - can anybody help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Can't scrub the mouse for effect controls (for example, can not adjust scale unless I manually input a number value), and I also cannot manipulate key frames on the timeline. Otherwise the mouse functions fine. Huge problem for timing of audio dips via keyframes- help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to chime in here, I had the same problem since doing a new install of Windows 11 Pro with all updated Premiere. After hours of frustrating the only thing that fixed it was opening a brand new project in Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 and then copying and pasting all the material and sequences into a new project. Seems the problem was because I was opening a project from an earlier version that whatever the bug was, it was coming forward. Hope that helps someone else. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piggy-backing on this to say that on Windows 10, this didn't solve it for me.  But another response here from Nam Tran about adjusting your mouse-pointer speed in Windows' settings did the trick!  I had to adjust some DPI settings on my mouse to get it feeling the same as before, but as long as this specific setting in Windows is set above 50% it works.

quoteThe fix for this is very simple. It worked for me and has been working for half a year now.

On Windows:

1. Go to Mouse settings
2. Select Additional Mouse Settings
3. Go to Pointer Options tab
4. Change "Select a pointer speed" to the 7th notch

Optional: Deselect "Enhance pointer precision". No idea if this matter, but I always have it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem happened to me today, and I found that restarting my machine fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. That did the trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I'm having the same issue. The position slider is just gone all of a sudden. I'm so frustrated. Did you find a solution? I don't really see a solution on the thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix for this is very simple. It worked for me and has been working for half a year now.

On Windows:

1. Go to Mouse settings
2. Select Additional Mouse Settings
3. Go to Pointer Options tab
4. Change "Select a pointer speed" to the 7th notch

Optional: Deselect "Enhance pointer precision". No idea if this matter, but I always have it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This actually worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did the trick for me too, Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back when I was experiencing the issue originally, I back-dated to an
earlier version of Premiere. Since then though, the most recent updates
have fixed the issue for me! Make sure your software is fully updated and
hopefully that'll do the trick. I know how frustrating this was for my
workflow so good luck and happy editing 🙂

--
Dillon Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with PC and mouse. However if I hold the left mouse button down 

and srub rapidly left and right over the numbers, they eventually begin to move.

Not perfect, or even satisfactory, but it works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Windows Display Scaling turned on by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I don't have Custom Scaling ( a value 100-500) turned on.
Is this what you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update on when this will be fixed Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem and was able to solve it by lowering the signal rate of my Logitech Gaming Mouse. I had it on the highest setting (1000) and lowered it to 125. That completely solved the problem for me. With 1000 the sliders were not reacting at all or lagging 5-10 Sec. behind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specs, Kevin? What kind of footage are you working with?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019 macbook air and installed the latest version of adobe. I have reinstalled older versions to test and see to no avail. I have reset/restarted my workspaces, preferences and my computer. I have reinstalled abode a few times. I have basically done everything in this thread from changing my mouse configerations to having an adobe customer support member take control of my screen and try different things for 2 hours to no avail. 

It happens on all my footage in every project from my canon 90d. It did work and then just stopped working out of nowhere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2022 Apr 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Sorry about the problem. I feel that your computer is not powerful enough to handle the footage you are trying to edit. That 90D can shoot 4K footage, which is hard on lightweight computers like a MacBook Air. What you might try first is editing with proxies. Let me know if you need help setting that up, and I bet you can start editing again without buying a new Mac. OK?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used proxies, and was on a Macbook Pro. I am not using the Mac Mini M1,
and now it works. It feels a lot like a software bug, and not a CPU thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tobias,

Sorry about that. What are the specs of the MacBook Pro? What kind of footage? I have a 2018 MacBook Pro I'm using today. My iPhone HEVC 4K files cut like butter, but my Canon DSLR footage at HD requires proxies. I think performance depends a lot on your media. Sometimes the media is so compressed that it makes it hard on your Mac.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

This is happening on my desktop system (AMD 3700X CPU, 64GB RAM, RX580 GPU, NVMe and SSD drives) since updating from the 2019 build of Premiere to CC and continuing through every subsequence CC release.  Playback of footage isn't the problem, this lag is happening when trying to adjust values in the "Effect Controls" menu as others in this thread have pointed out with screenshots.  The sliders are responsive, if they're available, but when you click and drag on the text value to adjust it there is some kind of deadzone.  You need to jerk the mouse in order to get it to actually adjust, which makes fine tweaks impossible.  This may be related to the refresh rate of the mouse, since it becomes less "sticky" when I set my mouse to a low frequency mode.

I've attached a desktop capture showing the issue, note that from the moment my I click and my cursor disappears I am moving left or right to adjust the value, moving faster and faster until Premiere gets "unstuck".  This is definitely a bug with the Premiere software, not user hardware as it doesn't occur elsewhere -- even in other Adobe software like After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that, Josh. What kind of mouse do you have? Have you tried different settings for the mouse? I read that others have solved the issue with different mouse settings. I hope I can help you solve this one. How frustrating.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a wireless Logitech G603, and this problem occurs to varying degrees with all mouse settings.  It is less prevalent, but still an issue, with the low-frequency polling mode.

The issue to me feels like Premiere will not allow you to adjust the values until your cursor moves by a certain amount in a very short timeframe, despite already clicking and dragging.  The low-polling mode means that my mouse is more likely to report a bigger movement without me moving faster, but there is still a noticable minimum speed I need to move in order to "unlock" / "unstick" the slider.  Again, this does not happen in ANY other software, including other Adobe software.  It's strictly an issue with the Effects Controls in Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin M,

I just tested this with the two other mice I have available, and the issue is also present in both of them to lesser degrees -- I suspect because they have lower polling rates than the Logitech.  This issue also appears as far back as Premiere Pro v15 -- I cannot check older versions as they're no longer available through Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines