• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

premiere pro entire program laggy

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i started premiere pro free trial ytd and the entire program lag (playback, moving the PR window, etc), interesting thing is, after i clicked on other program (which means i made PR not active), the playback was silk-like smooth, but when i returned my mouse back to PR, it lag again.

in case u need to know, im using dual monitor (one is 1440p 60fps, another one is 2160p 144 fps HDR (where PR is running on)), i am editing a 4k HDR clips with legnth of approximately 60 min with no effects added (pure clip), i've tried to turn down the playback resolution into 1/2 or 1/4 i did nothing, when PR window is not active, playback ran perfect thus i found out it's the program that laggy rather than  any specific funcion.

also my pc config should be fine for it, im running ryzen 5800x, 64G RAM, rtx 3090 24g, anyone knows why?

TOPICS
Editing , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never easy to troubleshoot from a distance, but let's give it a shot.  Some people have reported issues with multiple monitors in premiere.  try working with a single monitor and see if that fixes the issue.   What codec and frame rate are your source clips?  and you seem to be telling is the fps for your monitors, do you mean refresh rate?  You might explore a proxy workflow which is usually in my experience rocksolid in premiere.  Can take a little effor to get your head around it, but once you've got it set up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The video below might be helpful. That being said someone stated hooking up headphones caused Premiere Pro to playback stuttery. I know for some systems ASIO4ALL drivers can make a difference for real-time playback perfomance. Premere Pro needs to be tweaked more than most other NLE systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU&feature=emb_logo

This video demonstrates how to enable GPU acceleration and GPU encoding and decoding. It also shows how to enable Intel's Quick Sync. Resolve https://amzn.to/3NcL1zP Adobe CC 1 year https://amzn.to/3Da0qMN All links are monetized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines