• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro error on start up

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past week I've not been able to use PP as when I load it up I get a lightbox pop-up saying that it's encountered an error, giving me optiong to send/don't send report before closing the program. I've been using it without issue before this, so unsure why I'm now having this problem

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  If you need help answering these questions, post back and we'll help.

Have you done any OS or Premiere updates or installed or updated any other software or added any peripherals to your system in the last week?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I'm using Premiere Pro 15.2 on Windows 10 Pro, OS 17763.1579. I have 8gb RAM and an Intel Core i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60Ghz 1.80Ghz processor. My device is managed by my organisation, but there was an update the other week that wiped all documents and files stored on the device (as opposed to the shared drive). If you need any further info let me know

Many Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 gigs is the absolute minimum and might be part of the problem.  If at all possible, add at least another 8 gigs and more if possible.   And you might try disconnecting the shared drive as a troubleshooting step...  Working with shared media can cause issues.  I'm assuming Premiere is stored locally.  And the update you talk about, was that an windows update, or a network update or a premiere update...    Luckily I don't have to deal with IT managment of my system but I've had to deal with clients' IT departments and it was never fun.   

And there are some basic troubleshooting steps, the first of which is to reset your preferences...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and when premiere is loading, can you see what's happening in the premiere splash screen when it crashes?  That's often a clue to the issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes Premiere Pro is stored locally. The RAM may well be the issue then, but it's strange as before the aforementioned update (I think it must have been a Windows update as I lost all files saved on local sotrage), it was working fine. The splash screen just shows my previous activity, with no indication as to what may be causing the error. I have attached screenshots of the error boxes that are displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines