Premiere Pro Export Gives Wrong Encoded Date

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC Premiere Pro 14.2.0 on a Windows 10 PC.  I'm exporting a file and the resulting file gives an encoded date of six days in the future.  Today I exported a small video that shows the date created as 8/28/2020 3:12 PM in File Explorer which is the time I started the export.  It also says the Media Created date as 9/3/2020 3:12 PM.  Why is the date six days off?  If I look at the encoded date in MediaInfo, it gives the encoded date as 9/3/2020 7:12 PM.  I believe the hours are off because it is UTC and I'm EDT.  The encode dates would not be a problem but it messes with our eMAM system so they need to be correct.  Has anyone dealt with this before?  Is there a time setting I'm missing?  The source file and destination are on the same PC.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro Export Gives Wrong Encoded Date

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe CC Premiere Pro 14.2.0 on a Windows 10 PC.  I'm exporting a file and the resulting file gives an encoded date of six days in the future.  Today I exported a small video that shows the date created as 8/28/2020 3:12 PM in File Explorer which is the time I started the export.  It also says the Media Created date as 9/3/2020 3:12 PM.  Why is the date six days off?  If I look at the encoded date in MediaInfo, it gives the encoded date as 9/3/2020 7:12 PM.  I believe the hours are off because it is UTC and I'm EDT.  The encode dates would not be a problem but it messes with our eMAM system so they need to be correct.  Has anyone dealt with this before?  Is there a time setting I'm missing?  The source file and destination are on the same PC.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 28, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue also on Windows 10 (OS and all adobe apps up to date) but only with ProRes mov's - an mp4 exported from the same timeline gives me the proper date, but ProRes is always dated in the future. It's very odd.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have this problem if my source material comes from Neil. His great grandparents were aliens from a different time / space continium and his family creates things that are inherently 'in the future'. Sorta like Umberto Eco's ' The Island Of The Day Before' , but more complex. This time factor usually figures in his explanations about adobe 'fixes' to program problems. Think " My Favorite Martian " TV show and you'll love Neil as I do.

Does your camera date and time match real time by any chance ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, that isn't really applicable - or at least I don't know, because my souce files are already finished masters of TV commercials that I am re-editing/versioning/etc. That said, they do come from overseas so it could well be something in the source - is there a way to NOT pass this through to the export (like an mp4 seems to strip it away if that is what's causing it)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect it's a programming thing... sorta like IF THEN ELSE

IF this happens, THEN do this... or ELSE do this or go here ( gosub ..meaning go to sub routine )... that's basic.

Without metadata and ability to see what's up the program is probably just spitting out some info that is nonsense.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Scotie... was yappin junk before seeing your response... being playful.

hmmm... I don't know... you got the export for finished product and want to work on it and make it right with dates ... probably to keep track of versions you work on... sorta out of my league.

Sounds vaguely like a work around thing... like export intermediate that does work and then transcode to what you need to deliver.... the usual junk.. never heard of this before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could try a PM to Ann Bens... as she is probably the smartest person re: the guts of this adobe program...she might know what you're talking about.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem, my MOV Quicktime ProRess export files are 7 days in the future. Only MP4 export is different. However, I've tried exporting the same timeline to anthing internal drive in Windows 10, surprisingly it is giving me the proper date and time.!!  I'm not sure why whenever I'm exporting to my Seagate Baracuda 8TB drive, Premiere is giving me the time/date stamp 7 days in the future!. Anyone found anything solution? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0