• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro export same file size as import

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I just want to export a video at the exact same settings as the imported file.
  • 'match source' and 'match sequence settings' do not work. (Adobe Premiere Pro)
  • On my timeline all I did was trimmed some footage off the beginning and end (so the file should now be smaller!), and the best I can get it is almost twice the size (megabytes) with a huge reduction in quality.
  • No one can answer this on other threads - It's always "reduce the bitrate" or something, but that makes the quality WORSE than the original file and still ADDS file size!
TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to be more specific to get helpful answers. What format, codec and framerate was your original file? eg 1080P MP4, H264 codec @ 24fps progressive. Reducing the bitrate should never make your target file bigger. That said editing programs like Premiere Pro are not designed to simply trim top and tail and output an identical smaller file. They always re-encode the original. And if the original already had some issues they are going to get worse on a re-encode. Entropy sucks right? There are some dedicated mpeg cutters around that may work better for simple trims but they are not simple to use and of course your source file has to be mpeg based, usually H264.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... what John said but to add:

• I just want to export a video at the exact same settings as the imported file.
    We need to know the specs of the origianals - what codec, data rate, frame size, frames per second. And you need to consider it's possible the source format may not be one that Premiere pro can output!
  • 'match source' and 'match sequence settings' do not work. (Adobe Premiere Pro)
    Do you mean 'don't work' when creating a sequence, or don't work when exporting? (Or both). 
  • On my timeline all I did was trimmed some footage off the beginning and end (so the file should now be smaller!), and the best I can get it is almost twice the size (megabytes) with a huge reduction in quality.
    Final file sizes exported out of Premiere Pro are entirely dependant on the chosen export settings. Reducing the length  won't necessarily reduce final file size if the output settings are different.
  • No one can answer this on other threads - It's always "reduce the bitrate" or something, but that makes the quality WORSE than the original file and still ADDS file size!
    If for eample you were importing an H.265 HEVC compressed file but were outputing to an H.264 encoded file then you would get worse quality at the same file size - that's why you need to know the specifications of the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

three things we would need:

Full specs of original file
screenshot description of sequence settings 
screenshot or description of export settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Just trim it with Quicktime and resave. The file will not need to render again and will be about the same size or smaller.  Just play your video until you want to trim and then do edit "trim". You will see the other edit features under the edit menu for splitting or cutting off the end.  They are very basic but save my sanity when I just need to split and trim Zoom recordings etc.  Easy! https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+simply+trim+a+video&rlz=1C5CHFA_enCA900CA900&oq=how+to+simply...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines