Highlighted

Premiere Pro export taking ridiculously long

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 15inch 2017 macbook pro with 16gb ram, 3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Corr i7, Radeon Pro 560 4GB, Intel HD Graphics 630 AND an eGPU; AMD radeon RX 5700XT in the razer chroma.

I have a 4min30sec video with basic color correction & a few deflicker effects (4-5clips) from RE:vision fx & it's going to take 4-5hours to export! In the activity monitor I can see my CPU is being used 600-700% & my GPU a pathetic 7% 

I have hardware encoding turned on & only 12 megabit on my export settings. Format is H.264 

This is not the first time it's taking so long, since the 2020 update I have been having problems with long export times & it's just getting ridiculous at this point, I used to have no problem exporting videos, even with my older macbook I had 6-7years ago. What am I doing wrong? It must be some setting somewhere because all these youtube videos show crazy short export times with the new update(s) & especially with the eGPU...

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Premiere Pro export taking ridiculously long

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 15inch 2017 macbook pro with 16gb ram, 3,1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Corr i7, Radeon Pro 560 4GB, Intel HD Graphics 630 AND an eGPU; AMD radeon RX 5700XT in the razer chroma.

I have a 4min30sec video with basic color correction & a few deflicker effects (4-5clips) from RE:vision fx & it's going to take 4-5hours to export! In the activity monitor I can see my CPU is being used 600-700% & my GPU a pathetic 7% 

I have hardware encoding turned on & only 12 megabit on my export settings. Format is H.264 

This is not the first time it's taking so long, since the 2020 update I have been having problems with long export times & it's just getting ridiculous at this point, I used to have no problem exporting videos, even with my older macbook I had 6-7years ago. What am I doing wrong? It must be some setting somewhere because all these youtube videos show crazy short export times with the new update(s) & especially with the eGPU...

TOPICS
Export, Hardware or GPU, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0

Have something to add?