Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Exporting Markers with Incorrect Timecode Display

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I am a new Premiere Pro user, my research group and I are using the program to label different parts of videos as different exercises. We are currently doing this using the Markers system, so we can have a start and end timecode to use as "ground truth" for assigning different portions of sensor data to different types of exercises. Therefore, I believe we want these markers to be exported as CSVs with drop-frame timecodes, because I have read that drop-frame is more representative of real time. 

Our one issue is that for some of us, the timecode is always exported as non-drop frame. For me personally, I was able to fix this issue by going into Modify --> Timecode --> Display format --> 59.94 drop frame (the videos were recorded on a GoPro as "60fps", although apparently this really means 59.94) and then re-exporting the markers as a CSV, in which the timecodes are in drop-frame. However, for other groups members, this strategy does not work, and the markers are still exported in non-drop frame even after changing the timecode settings to 59.94 drop-frame. We have also tried going to Preferences --> Media --> Indeterminate Time Base and changing it to 59.94 drop-frame, but this doesn't seem to make a difference either. 

My question is: is this a common bug, or are we missing something? Also, I am using Prem. Pro 2019 and they are using the 2020 version, would that make a difference? I don't believe the platform used makes a difference, since it works for me on a Mac and does not work for my PI using a Mac. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?