• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Exporting Way Too Large

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My 1:31 video is exporting at 114.7 MB even using the Facebook 1080 setting and exporting in Media Encoder. I was able to get it down to 25.2 MB by changing the target bit rate down to 2 and max to 5, but that's still crazy big for such a short video. I've never had this problem before. Could this be caused by the update? 

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Just to clarify, are you saying one minute and 31 seconds, or are you saying one second, and 31 frames?

I'm assuming the former, and those file sizes sound quite small to me (due to the very small bitrate).

File size = bitrate * time.

X (File Size)  =  2 (Mbps) * 91 (seconds)

X = 182 Mbps / 8 <-- converting from Mb to MB

X = 22.75 MB

^ Math checks out. Very low bitrate, very small file size for a 1920x1080 video at 1:30 in duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, are you saying one minute and 31 seconds, or are you saying one second, and 31 frames?

I'm assuming the former, and those file sizes sound quite small to me (due to the very small bitrate).

File size = bitrate * time.

X (File Size)  =  2 (Mbps) * 91 (seconds)

X = 182 Mbps / 8 <-- converting from Mb to MB

X = 22.75 MB

^ Math checks out. Very low bitrate, very small file size for a 1920x1080 video at 1:30 in duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

D'oh! I was seeing MB and thinking GB! Ugh. Yes, it was fine all along! Thank you for the quick answer that made me realize my mistake. And yes, it's 1:31:07.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool, glad it's sorted out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines