• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro First impression not very good

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have been back using Adobe, my first thoughts was that now I am on a paying software, it must be better than any free software.

First 2 weeks spending more than 10 hours with support, and it has been all about whos failure and according to support failure is on me.

Error have been about 

Rendering

Export

Black Screen

No Audio

Couldn't add video to my timeline

and instead of focussing of the problem that is caused by Premiere Pro, it has been about

Copy Project

Copy and move project to desktop

Make new sequence, and move existing sequence to the new created one

Create new metadata

Open fileexplorer, goto Adobe folder, Rename Premiere Pro folder to old one and restart

Sure, it help, until next time it happen

Not so happy Premiere Pro 

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it is easy to get answers regarding Premiere show case features where the user has failed.

Can be much harder to get an answer where Adobe even thinks the program might have failed.

There is a push for users to get increasingly powerful computers, to maintain sales of new versions.

When you consider the cost of required Computers and Software, one would not calculate market saturation by number of Community members. Just saying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Comparing a pro-expected NLE to free software is rather ... odd.

Any of the pro NLEs are complex apps that take a ton of work to learn, whether Premiere Pro, Avid, Resolve ... and yes, learning how to use them is up to the user. On purpose, there are few automated tools, and most anything you can think of doing has at least five ways to do it. Every option has implications.

That said, I do wish that the Adobe apps would have reference manuals like Resolve's. I've pushed for that since forever.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, all software should have reference manuals for every detail.

I find that a search for answers will often lead to a pink shirt video, which is turning into a sick joke.

Sorry, but I always say exactly what I mean.

Its a gift for those who are genuine.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have a mix of source footage and Sequence settings that do not work well together?

Have you tried using a mezzanine CODEC for both your source and you Sequence Video Previews?

I recommend ProRes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all feedback,

I am all new here, and understand there is a learnig curve, but when you spent more time troubleshooting than development, then anybody will not have a good feeling, do you

One issue that really concerns me is following

Move from editing to graphics, do some changes, move back to editing, there is a good change that your sequence disappear, and trying get it back from the project works with exception that their are now no audio lines and can't be restored, and try to explain situation to support is impossible.

Only way I know of fix this problem is to create a new sequence, and copy and paste your content, but is that really the way working with a software claimed to be "first class"

Take Care 

Tom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you taken a class in Premiere Pro or mentored with an editor?

Everything you've described sounds like something that some formal training would resolve.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Warren

Thanks for your reply

That is offcourse what I plan to do, I just think when something happen that not even Adobe staff have an answer to else than moving project to other location.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro is not working correctly for you. Whether the problem is insufficient hardware, corrupt software or operator error can't be determined by your posts, so it is difficult to offer constructive help.

Quote:

One issue that really concerns me is following

Move from editing to graphics, do some changes, move back to editing, there is a good change that your sequence disappear, and trying get it back from the project works with exception that their are now no audio lines and can't be restored

Unquote.

When this happens:

Step 1 - go to the menu Window> Workspaces > Reset to Save Layout. Does the timeline appear?

Step 2 - in the project panel, find the sequence you were working on and double click on it.  Does the timeline appear?

I'm not sure what you mean when you say:

and trying get it back from the project works with exception that their are now no audio lines

If you post screen shots of what is occurring and what you are doing, it is likely someone can help you figure out what is wrong.

Also a complete hardware description, and a description of the properties of the media you are working with would be helpful.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Meg The Dog

Thank for your reply

Yes, I recently learned some of these rescue trick like  

Reset to Save Layout

Mercury Playback Engine software Only

I am new to Premiere, but not new to software or development of same, 30 years background, so I just have the feeling when something is not correct, expecially when everyday new issues touch me, and when support don't even can explain how to do a fix, then I am worry.

Kind Regards

Tom  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines