Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezes at 95% by export

New Here ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have an issue while exporting footage from Premiere Pro.

Hardware: Dell XPS 9700, Intel 10th Generation, Geforce GTX 1650Ti - Driver 462.59 (latest one of today), Windows 10, Premiere Pro 15.2, latest verion from Creative Cloud of today, 

I am trying to export a really short video, export size 31MB with H.264 high bitrate.

I am not an expert in premiere pro and am starting to work more and more with it.

What am i doing wrong? 

Please help!

TOPICS
Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

There is something wrong with the app.mp4 file

If you convert with Handbrake first, it will export within Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

As Ann said Premiere and Media Encoder has problems with the video file.

Attached is your updated project with a Handbrake conversion and a test final export if it is any use to you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agk58cpDZowTzitK0H3AAMzcyoWr?e=r1OgXc

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this are the files generated and not finished on my desktop, where i wanted to save the video:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exports that don't finish can be very frustrating.

As a test, try doing an export where you enable "Match Sequence Settings" in the Export Settings dialog box.  Does this export as expected?

Take a look at what clip, effect and/or font is being used at the tail of the edit.  When exports fail around the same time each attempt, that's a sign that something in the Sequence may be causing the issue. 

Sometimes the drive that you're exporting to can be an issue.  You could try choosing a different location as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the information.

I have checked, there are no fonts missing from the sequence.

Tried also the export into the downloads folder, different location as before and checked the option "Match Sequence Settings" -> this is the result, as attached. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is happening in the timeline at about 95% of the way through, any odd effects? Also try exporting just the video without  the sound to rule out any audio conversion problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the strange think, there is nothing in the video, i dint change or put any effects, it is only the video with subtitles:

i am speachless.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have also tried to export without subtitles: freeze at 89% with "Match Sequence Settings"

also the try without audio, without subtitles & "Match Sequence Settings"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you be willing or able to share the complete project, including media, via dropbox so we can try it on our systems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sure, is there an easy way to export the project and the media together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is something wrong with the app.mp4 file

If you convert with Handbrake first, it will export within Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann said Premiere and Media Encoder has problems with the video file.

Attached is your updated project with a Handbrake conversion and a test final export if it is any use to you.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agk58cpDZowTzitK0H3AAMzcyoWr?e=r1OgXc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are great!

how can I see that there is a problem with a video file? As a single file it is playing? Is there a way to check it before using in Premiere pro, or somewhere to see that Premiere has a problem with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the file Android app.mp4 through TMPGEnc Smart Renderer 5 and that worked and i could export successfully without the need to re-encode it. One can use the free of charge ffmpeg as well without re-encoding the file.

TMPGEnc Smart Renderer 5 is for me a must have today since Premiere Pro has gotten more and more troublesome with mp4-files. For many project i don´t even use Premiere Pro today since other software handle mp4-files without issues. The same mp4-file in Premiere Pro causes trouble, chrashes, problems with exports, freezing, etc, etc.

The Premiere Pro engineers must step up and fix this once and for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

a Big thanks!

I was starting to worry, that my hardware specs are not enough for this simple task.....

Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines