• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezes but plays audio and video

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I am playing my footage in premiere pro, when I press play, it premire pro becomes unresponsive, yet still plays the audio/video until the end. how can I fix this issue?

Specs: 
Ryzen 7 3800x

GeForce RTX 2080

32GB of DDr4 Ram

500GB of nvme m.2 ssd

2tb hard drive

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Ok found the solution, seems like it was my plugins/extensions that were the problem. I think the files were corrupted and deleted all files in Local C > Program Files > Adobe > Common> Plug-Ins> CS6> Media Core. I reinstalled all the extensions/plugins, and they are all working fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please tell us your source properties and sequence settings.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I find that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere is a professional program that requires a fair amount of effort to learn.  This is very basic stuff.  Not trying to make you feel bad but you'll be banging your head against the wall again and again unless you make an attempt to learn at least the fundamentals of the program.    You can explore the menus and you'll find the answer to your question but in a gesture of good will, make the sequence active and go to the sequence menu and go to sequence settings.  For the clip properties, you can right click on a clip in the timeline or in a bin/project and choose properties or you go get the properties from the file menu.  

And please tell us where your sources came from.  material from screen recordings and from smartphones usually have a variable frame rate which can cause all sorts of unpredictable problems in premiere.

use mediainfo to determine whether your soursce is variable or constant frame rate
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate
https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have isolated the problem. When I import presets/transitions/.mogrt files/etc basically anything not native to premiere. It either turns white and shows the Premiere isn't responding, or everything would look fine, but you are unable to do anything in the app. Basically anything not native or clips that are 4k which need a lot of rendering. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what sort of presets etc are you importing?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whats the issue causing the crashes/unresponsiveness. It's getting so bad, it crashes after I put one 30 sec 1080p clip with no effects on it. Anything new variable or new item going on the timeline 98% of the time crashes. I've turned on Nvidia GPU acceleration already. Not sure if that helped or not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None specific; cc, transitions, effects, etc

Often times, its the importing of the presets that crash, its when I put the presets on the timeline which is when it stops responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are these presets you created from within premiere or third party ones?  If you created them, did you create them in the version of premiere you're using now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all 3rd party presets and are compatible  with the latest version of premiere pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok found the solution, seems like it was my plugins/extensions that were the problem. I think the files were corrupted and deleted all files in Local C > Program Files > Adobe > Common> Plug-Ins> CS6> Media Core. I reinstalled all the extensions/plugins, and they are all working fine now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wait!!!  Are you working in CS6?  That's probably 10 years old...    Ya gotta give us this kind of information.  You did mention "the latest version of Premiere pro...."  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines