• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro Freezes every 5-10mins

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a reoccuring freeze issue with my premiere pro 2020.

Everytime I opened any project, the source monitor and program monitor freeze after I started working for 5-10 minutes. Everytime it happens, I can use other panels such as timeline and source panel but source and program monitor. 

Once they freeze, they stays freezed and I eventually have to force quit the app. 

After the force quit, the panel pops up, saying "Sorry, a serious error has occurred that requires Adobe Premiere Pro to shut down." 

Often times, I struggle with reopening the app after it crashes, so I have to restart my laptop in that case.

I have already tried the following methods but any of these didn't work.

1. Reset the system preferences.

2. Uninstall the app and reinstall.

3. Uninstall the entire adobe creative cloud and reinstall the creative cloud and Premiere Pro.

I use

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017)

2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Macintosh HD

Please let me know how to fix this problem!! I am desperate now.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version (not just premiere pro 2020)  amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Have you checked to make sure your system meets the minimum specs

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Do you have plenty of empty space on your drives:  a minimum of 20% on your boot drive and 10% on all media drives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a wild guess, it sounds like your laptop is heating up after editing for some time. The i5 would be under constant load while editing, and thus it slows down to cool and causes Premiere to freeze.

Make sure your laptop has proper ventilation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines