• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro freezes when I try to open the import box

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the middle of a project small sized project and I'm new to the program. When I am trying to import clips I either right click > import, ctrl i, or file > import, then the program freezes. It acts as though the import menu has popped up and when I click around it gives me the error sound. I have tried waiting for it to load but ultimately I have to ctrl alt del and close program. This is before I even select the files to upload into premiere. It has even happened to me when I have tried to "save as" and the same thing happens. It doesn't open anything up, it freezes, and gives me a error sound whenever I click anywhere. Has this happened to anyone else or anyone know how to fix? 

thanks 

Computer- 16gb ram, SSD, i7, nvdia 1030 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you're running a version of the program that is compatible with your Windows version.

Are you working with multiple monitors?

For now, try using the Media Browser to import files; it will allow you to pull in clips without opening an Import

window.

WM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi wadenswiler,

Thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like it's the interface issue. Resetting the preferences of Premiere Pro could help with this: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

WM's suggestion to use Media Browser is a great workaround.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines