Premiere Pro Freezes when Saving 2020

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am almost done with my project but Premiere keeps freezing (Eventually crashing) when I try to save latest changes. It shows the "Saving" but doesn't load, then when I press "Cancel" it shows me the color wheel. Eventually I end up Force Quitting the app (Done this over 40 times already). One time, it was on this color wheen for over an hour. 

I've tried saving project as, new file, same issue. I've tried renaming the documents folder where Premiere lives, same thing. Please help. I am two force quits away from switching to AVID.

TOPICS
Crash, Editing, Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same's been happening to me. Trashed prefs, created new project and media browser imported old stuff, no avail.  Frustrating as heck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your disk permissions. They may have changed for any number of reasons.

Also check available disk space on your target disk. Probably not an issue, but worth checking anyway.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion Jeff. As far as I can tell, permissions seem fine. It doesn't happen every time but I haven't been able to isolate a specific cause of it. Could happen once a day, or 4 times in an hour. 

For me it occurs when working in Productions (so maybe related to project locking?), but then again, I haven't worked outside of Productions in months, so maybe just coindicence. 

At this point, I'm basically hitting save after ever few actions so if I get to a save that freezes me, I've only lost a bit, rather than the hour (despite the fact I have auto-saves set to every 15 minutes, still unsure what's going on there) previously.

Anyhow, thanks again!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, I have autosaves set to every 5 minutes.  they happen so fast, I hardly notice.   Are you saying that the autosaves are not working?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like your idea about it happening in Productions.

If you have time to work outside of Productions for a little while, please give that a try to see if the issue still manifests itself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, do we have a solution yet? I've been facing the same issues and none of the suggestions that I can find online seem to be working. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines